Shock absorber rebuilds in thailand

Sen Sok

I want to rebuild my rear shock on a DR650SE here in Phnom Penh but keep being told that shock oil is as rare as rocking horse scat and just as expensive. Same goes for nitrogen for re-gassing. I am very tempted to ride over to a major thai city like Pattaya that has plenty of bike shops to try and get it rebuilt there. Anyone got any info on availability of shock oil and the likihood of getting an actual nitro regas rather than just a refil from the 02 air compressor?

I want to rebuild my rear shock on a DR650SE here in Phnom Penh but keep being told that shock oil is as rare as rocking horse scat and just as expensive. Same goes for nitrogen for re-gassing. I am very tempted to ride over to a major thai city like Pattaya that has plenty of bike shops to try and get it rebuilt there. Anyone got any info on availability of shock oil and the likihood of getting an actual nitro regas rather than just a refil from the 02 air compressor?

Dirtshop in Bangkok shipped some shock oil to me via Thaipost EMS. Cost for shipping was Baht 1000 for 2 litres.
They dont accept paypal though so you need to find an economical way to transfer funds to their Thai Bank account.
Last I heard the Bike Shop in Phnom Penh does nitrogen recharges for $15.
In the past, I used some Toyota suspension fluid in my DRZ400 shock and it worked ok. That was available in Phnom Penh.
Some of the luxury vehicle service centers in PP might have nitrogen too.

Back
Top Bottom