Shock Oil, where to buy

bill

Bikes
KTM 500 XCW
Does anyone know where I can buy 2.5W Shock Oil in Thailand ?

I've asked around in Cambo and most people don't know what it is, or suggest using fork oil, or atf.

I've bought Motul fork oil in Thailand before and I believe Maxima is also available.

Motul seem to make a 2.5W Shock oil
Motul SHOCK OIL "Factory Line" 400-VE 100% SYN 2.5W~20W
https://www.motul.com/sg/en/products/187?f[application]=145&f[range]=21

and Maxima make a 3W Shock Oil
Racing Shock Fluid - $15.95 : Maxima Racing USA, - Overkill

I'm thinking of a road trip to buy some if its available, or try and have it posted over. Not sure about rules re posting oil products.

Motocross shop next to Riders Corner has Motul 2.5w shock oil in stock

Motocross shop next to Riders Corner has Motul 2.5w shock oil in stock

Sounds good

I'm after the actual shock Oil
motul shock oil.jpg

and the 2.5W Fork Oil
motul 2.5w fork oil.png

Do they have both ?

Call him,Nar 0817965991

He was quite helpful
They stock Motul 2.5 and 5W fork oil but cant get the Shock Oil

Maxima make a 3W shock oil so maybe someone in Thailand sells that since the fork oil is sold here...

He was quite helpful
They stock Motul 2.5 and 5W fork oil but cant get the Shock Oil

Maxima make a 3W shock oil so maybe someone in Thailand sells that since the fork oil is sold here...

I think Hoghead managed to find some shock oil somewhere, I'll try find out where he sourced it.

I think Hoghead managed to find some shock oil somewhere, I'll try find out where he sourced it.

Thx Phil
I did pm Hoghead a few days ago but no reply yet.
I can get Maxima 3W shock oil from Singapore which is my best bet so far.

I could not find shock oil and ended up importing it
Very good reasons why you do not want to use fork oil and I have posted on this in the distant past when I was looking

Sorry did not see your pm and will need to see if I can be on auto alert when someone sends a pm

Seems to be a few people who don`t see the PM notification...including myself.

Go to Settings...top right.
Then click General Settings...bottom left.
Then scroll down to ...."Email Notification of New Private Messages:" and select that.

Or..a little further down...

"New Private Message Notification Pop-up:"...can`t miss them on here then.

Then "Save Changes"...right at the bottom.

I could not find shock oil and ended up importing it
Very good reasons why you do not want to use fork oil and I have posted on this in the distant past when I was looking

Any problems importing oil. I'm hoping the regular mail system allows oil products.

I emailed Dirtshop and for shock oil they have
:KYB K2C 1190thb
:pro Circuit PC-02 1490thb
:Ohlins suspension fluid 1190thb
presumably all 1 liter bottles but I don't know what weighting.

Singapore Racetech agent has Maxima 3W shock oil for SGD28/liter and can rebuild shocks too.

Any problems importing oil. I'm hoping the regular mail system allows oil products.

I emailed Dirtshop and for shock oil they have
:KYB K2C 1190thb
:pro Circuit PC-02 1490thb
:Ohlins suspension fluid 1190thb
presumably all 1 liter bottles but I don't know what weighting.

Singapore Racetech agent has Maxima 3W shock oil for SGD28/liter and can rebuild shocks too.

If anyone's interested....

In the end I got the Shock Oil from http://www.dirtshopthailand.com/en_Default.aspx, mailed it to me in Cambodia via EMS.
They were good to deal with, answered emails promptly etc. Only glitch was no Paypal, payment had to be transfer to their Thai Bank acc.

There's also a Racetech agent in Singapore, michaeltan_250@singnet.com.sg .
He stocks Maxima and Racetech suspension fluids and has the proper vacuum bleeder for rebuilding shocks. He was very helpful but unfortunately Singpost wont accept liquids of any kind and Fedex wanted USD190 to ship 2 liters of shock oil to Cambodia.

Justin facilitated getting the Fork Oil to me from Nar at CMMX which was a big help. Proper fork oil is available from time to time in Cambo but all the shops that stock it were out. As for shock oil, most of them have never heard of it.

Back
Top Bottom