Road trip in Malaysia

jonty89m

Bikes
Royal Enfield Thunderbird
Hello
This is Sid from India.
I am planning to explore Malaysian peninsular by motorcycle between 08 Oct 16 to 16 Oct 16.
Anyone interested to join me?
I need some advice/ assistance on my trip.
How easy is to rent motorcycle in Kuala Lumpur? Which are the reliable places where I can rent?
Is it possible to parcel the motorcycle in train/bus?
How is the weather in Malaysia during October?
Can you suggest any route for my road trip?
Eagerly waiting for your response.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Sid

Hi Sid,Weather in October would be hot & humid and possible heavy rain with thunder.Renting a motorcycle is relatively easy depending on your bike preferences. If you any specifics i.e. types of motorcycle that you are looking after that would be helpful to start looking.
I am recommending you to start from KL and move north before crossing over to east coast going south and then ends it in KL.

8 days are pretty short to do an extensive tour so I suggest you start listing your wish list of places and plan your itinerary / ride route around that.Do give us update for this trip.

Hi Sid,Weather in October would be hot & humid and possible heavy rain with thunder.Renting a motorcycle is relatively easy depending on your bike preferences. If you any specifics i.e. types of motorcycle that you are looking after that would be helpful to start looking.
I am recommending you to start from KL and move north before crossing over to east coast going south and then ends it in KL.

8 days are pretty short to do an extensive tour so I suggest you start listing your wish list of places and plan your itinerary / ride route around that.Do give us update for this trip.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes 8 days is short. any reason why not go south? As you said will go look do a loop north. I am researching on the places and will let you know the trip I intend to do. Can you suggest some places of interest? I prefer scenic routes.

I generally prefer small bikes around 100-150cc. It will be of great if you can let me know where I can rent them.

Below is the video of the road trip I did in Thailand

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lone Rider. Will go through the trips and plan my itinerary and post it for comments/suggestions.

Hello Rideasians!

I am giving below my road trip plan, I tried to select the route that is scenic and restricted myself to north part of Malaysia due to time restrictions. Please feel free to add any detours and give me any list of important point of interests that I should not missed. My starting point of the trip will depend of where I will be able to rent my motorcycle. The below plan is assuming Penang as my starting point

Day 1.

Penang - Gerik - Lenggong - Bota - Ipoh (329 KMs)

Day 2.

Ipoh - Cameron highlands - Gua Musang - Kula Berang (390 KMs)

Day 3.

Kuala Berang - Dungun - Marang - Kula Besut - Kota Bharu (314 KMs)

Day 4.

Kota Bharu - Baling - Tasik Pedu (344 KMs)

Day 5.

Tasik Pedu - Sintok - Kuala Perlis (ferry to ) Langkawi ( 132 KMs)

Day 6

Langkawi (ferry to) Kuala Perlis - Penang (158 KMs)

P.s.
I am still finding it difficult to find a Motorcycle rental. If anybody can give me contact of an Individual or Shop who can rent me a motorcycle (less than 250cc) for a week do let me know.

For route ideas have a look at the trip reports written by Captain Slash - Captain-Slash-Reports-Malaysia

Bike Rental - I just did a Google search (Penang+motorbike+rental) for bike rental in Penang and lots of places popped up including warnings on dubious companies

I did check the captain Slash reports for the route. Yes will check for point of interests too.

Yes Penang has lots of places that rent scooters but they dont rent it outside the island.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes 8 days is short. any reason why not go south? As you said will go look do a loop north. I am researching on the places and will let you know the trip I intend to do. Can you suggest some places of interest? I prefer scenic routes.

I generally prefer small bikes around 100-150cc. It will be of great if you can let me know where I can rent them.

Below is the video of the road trip I did in Thailand

You made a very good video here. Something you should be proud of. Good riding.

Back
Top Bottom