RideAsia.net rider down

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
RideAsia.net rider down

Lightemup had an unlucky accident a couple of days ago on his BMW F650 gs

6530002649_252ca399b6_b.jpg

Talking to the Police, it looks like a Honda Wave pulled a U-Turn in front of him on R 107 in the Mae Tang area without looking about 30km north of Chiang Mai, so not Lightemup's fault.

6530002523_f25a04fa22_b.jpg

He has two broken arms, broken hands and a badly broken left leg shattered around the knee area

6530002591_6452e0c416_b.jpg

Lightemup doesn't remember anything about the crash, came around with 5 Thai people standing around him, looking through his phone and wallet for I.D.

Herman came up with me to look at the bike as no-one had any idea what state it was in after the accident

6530002429_812658d3ef_b.jpg

It must have hit something after the Honda Wave with the amount of damage, the rocker cover on the engine is even smashed, you can see the camshafts

6530001675_4c709fdf35_b.jpg

6530002261_35dfde380d_b.jpg

6530001467_f7e9437e08_b.jpg

Wishing him a full quick recovery, he's a big strong lad so should be back to 100% in a couple of months.

Hope you get better soon

The bike is a bit of a mess.

what happened to the guy on the wave?

Two guys on wave.
1 passed away. 1 messed up.
Im supposedly immobile for 4-6 months.

Peace out

People died in this accident?....

I wish you a speedy recovery......god bless you man... :cry

Yes unfortunately, Im totally devastated about it.
The families for the two Hmong boys involved came by my bed yesterday evening, expressing their sorrow for MY injuries ( I've never been humbled like that before) it was very moving.

When this is over I will definitely pay my respects to them in their village.
Compared to their loss, I got of lightly, and I tribute that to my helmet and gear.

Lightemup said:
Yes unfortunately, Im totally devastated about it.
The families for the two Hmong boys involved came by my bed yesterday evening, expressing their sorrow for MY injuries ( I've never been humbled like that before) it was very moving.

When this is over I will definitely pay my respects to them in their village.
Compared to their loss, I got of lightly, and I tribute that to my helmet and gear.

Any news on how the other boy is doing?

This has been on my mind since reading about, truley a sad incident ...

Gonna take some getting over lightemup, my thoughts are with you and the others involved...

Time to light a candle and have a few private thoughts....Motorcycling is dangerous.....

Will try to get into see you next week...

Chris,
Normally I would probably appreciate such a visit, but in my current mental state, I would like to have you reconsider this as I'm a bit of a mess at the moment. Constantly blaming myself, questioning the facts as given to me. I'm not sure I would appreciate it as much as you might think, I'm honored tho that you have giving this thoughts.

Hey dude
Get well soon. Hang in there. I bet the nurses are prettier over your way than here in the UK.
cheers
Chris

Just a quick update, I got discharged from hospital two days ago and feel much better than expected for such a short time since the accident.
Went to Riders Corner today, riding the pink Fino with my GF on the back and I think kinda surprised everyone there with how well it's going with me.
I hope to be fully recovered ready to go back to work within 2 months if it continues like this. (Fingers crossed)
The second kid on the Wave had a messed up leg, that they were able to save so he is out and recovering as well.

Lightemup said:
Just a quick update, I got discharged from hospital two days ago and feel much better than expected for such a short time since the accident.
Went to Riders Corner today, riding the pink Fino with my GF on the back and I think kinda surprised everyone there with how well it's going with me.
I hope to be fully recovered ready to go back to work within 2 months if it continues like this. (Fingers crossed)
The second kid on the Wave had a messed up leg, that they were able to save so he is out and recovering as well.

Keld -

We could not believe the speed of your recovery after seeing you initial condition. Looks like you'll be back to work in no time.

Back
Top Bottom