RideAsia.net rider down

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
RideAsia.net rider down

Lightemup had an unlucky accident a couple of days ago on his BMW F650 gs

Talking to the Police, it looks like a Honda Wave pulled a U-Turn in front of him on R 107 in the Mae Tang area without looking about 30km north of Chiang Mai, so not Lightemup's fault.

He has two broken arms, broken hands and a badly broken left leg shattered around the knee area

KTMphil

Bikes
Lightemup doesn't remember anything about the crash, came around with 5 Thai people standing around him, looking through his phone and wallet for I.D.

Herman came up with me to look at the bike as no-one had any idea what state it was in after the accident

It must have hit something after the Honda Wave with the amount of damage, the rocker cover on the engine is even smashed, you can see the camshafts

Wishing him a full quick recovery, he's a big strong lad so should be back to 100% in a couple of months.

LED Kev

Bikes
Kawa Er6n & KLX 250
Hope you get better soon

The bike is a bit of a mess.

what happened to the guy on the wave?

Lightemup

Bikes
KTM 690 Duke 2014
Two guys on wave.
1 passed away. 1 messed up.
Im supposedly immobile for 4-6 months.

Peace out

Steve Canyon

Bikes
SMT990
People died in this accident?....

I wish you a speedy recovery......god bless you man... :cry

Lightemup

Bikes
KTM 690 Duke 2014
Yes unfortunately, Im totally devastated about it.
The families for the two Hmong boys involved came by my bed yesterday evening, expressing their sorrow for MY injuries ( I've never been humbled like that before) it was very moving.

When this is over I will definitely pay my respects to them in their village.
Compared to their loss, I got of lightly, and I tribute that to my helmet and gear.

KTMphil

Bikes
Lightemup said:
Yes unfortunately, Im totally devastated about it.
The families for the two Hmong boys involved came by my bed yesterday evening, expressing their sorrow for MY injuries ( I've never been humbled like that before) it was very moving.

When this is over I will definitely pay my respects to them in their village.
Compared to their loss, I got of lightly, and I tribute that to my helmet and gear.

Any news on how the other boy is doing?

Steve Canyon

Bikes
SMT990
This has been on my mind since reading about, truley a sad incident ...

Gonna take some getting over lightemup, my thoughts are with you and the others involved...

Time to light a candle and have a few private thoughts....Motorcycling is dangerous.....

Will try to get into see you next week...

Lightemup

Bikes
KTM 690 Duke 2014
Chris,
Normally I would probably appreciate such a visit, but in my current mental state, I would like to have you reconsider this as I'm a bit of a mess at the moment. Constantly blaming myself, questioning the facts as given to me. I'm not sure I would appreciate it as much as you might think, I'm honored tho that you have giving this thoughts.

chris

Bikes
DRZ400, Africa Twin, Transalp
Hey dude
Get well soon. Hang in there. I bet the nurses are prettier over your way than here in the UK.
cheers
Chris

Lightemup

Bikes
KTM 690 Duke 2014
Just a quick update, I got discharged from hospital two days ago and feel much better than expected for such a short time since the accident.
Went to Riders Corner today, riding the pink Fino with my GF on the back and I think kinda surprised everyone there with how well it's going with me.
I hope to be fully recovered ready to go back to work within 2 months if it continues like this. (Fingers crossed)
The second kid on the Wave had a messed up leg, that they were able to save so he is out and recovering as well.

KTMphil

Bikes
Lightemup said:
Just a quick update, I got discharged from hospital two days ago and feel much better than expected for such a short time since the accident.
Went to Riders Corner today, riding the pink Fino with my GF on the back and I think kinda surprised everyone there with how well it's going with me.
I hope to be fully recovered ready to go back to work within 2 months if it continues like this. (Fingers crossed)
The second kid on the Wave had a messed up leg, that they were able to save so he is out and recovering as well.

Keld -

We could not believe the speed of your recovery after seeing you initial condition. Looks like you'll be back to work in no time.

Top Bottom