RideAsia.net at the highest road in the world

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
RideAsia.net at the highest road in the world

Derek just came back from north India & was at the highest navigable road in the world - the "Khardungla Pass" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khardung_La), which is 5,369 meters (17,582 feet) above sea level. He managed to get some RideAsia.net stickers placed up there.

khardungla 1000.jpg

khardungla zoom 1000.jpg

On this route you also pass the highest fuel station in the world too - 3,740 meters above sea level

highest gas station 1000.jpg

Derek also managed to get a RideAsia.net sticker on the 3rd highest navigable road in the world - "Chang La"

3rd highest 1000.jpg

This sign apparently means "blow your horn" in the local language (note the sticker)

Blow Horn 1000.jpg

Not really sure what this one means but it was captured with a sticker in the same area in northern India

cum inspection.jpg

In this area there is a very small town called "Mud"

Attachments

• mud 1000.jpg
    mud 1000.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 485
Apparently this yak tried to bite him while placing the sticker

yak 1000.jpg

A classic Enfield 500 in the same area

enfield 1000.jpg

One with a chromed tank

enfield silver tank 1000.jpg

Hippie converted Enfield

hippie enfield 1000.jpg

Indian motorcycle registration

saddle bag  1000.jpg

Derek tells me this stuff grows wild up there! He called this photo "weed love you to join"

Attachments

• Weed love you to join RA 1000.JPG
    Weed love you to join RA 1000.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 488
KTMphil said:
Derek tells me this stuff grows wild up there! He called this photo "weed love you to join"

When I worked in Bhutan around 1994 this stuff grew in my garden at my apartment in Thimphu - no one really cared and when it was time to cut the grass, the stuff was cut as well and just thrown away.

Back
Top Bottom