Post your Asian toilet photo's spotted while touring here!

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Post your Asian toilet photo's spotted while touring here!

Not for everyone, but often a real eye opener to most westerners (Colin - lets see some of your stinkers)

Re: Post your Asian toilet photo's spotted while touring he

This was one in the Phonxai Government GH east of Luang Prabang, Laos. Only a medium shocker, but still a beauty.

5711982628_620047810e_b.jpg

Not a stinker, but never seen anything like this before...

Thailand-562-M.jpg

Seating apparatus to aid the cleaning your private parts while showering in the Red Rose inn, Chiang Rai.

5868722741_7ac6a207bb_b.jpg

KTMphil said:
Seating apparatus to aid the cleaning your private parts while showering in the Red Rose inn, Chiang Rai.

5868722741_7ac6a207bb_b.jpg
That's what is used by the little nymphs when administering a Japanese Nuru Gel massage at Colonze 2 in the Big Mango......

........ so I heard. :mrgreen:

Doi Mae Salong...

Attachments

• Picture 141.jpg
    Picture 141.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 627

Pounce -- Squatting looks a little tricky for the right foot in that setup?

Pattaya beach, March 2007, this guy was so fascinated by the toilet that he had to take a photo, so I caught a photo of him :D

DSC00201Small.jpg

Osaka Japan, give yourself over to ultimate pleasure.

DSC00200Small.jpg

DSC00202Small.jpg

Guy was questioning his knowledgeable guide about why there was a plastic fork at the base of the farang toilet. Answer was, "Saves time."

Attachments

• Toilet with fork on floor.jpg
    Toilet with fork on floor.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,830

I remember that he was looking for someone with the initials G, T, and R, and yelling "Hey, you down there?"

Interesting example from Mr. H while he was motorbike touring in China:

"Of course !! Here is one from China. The smell in these were so bad I would have to hyper ventilate, take one really deep breath, run in and piss as fast as I could, and run out. If you had to take crap you were screwed....."

5918324236_85bf5772a4_b.jpg

Guest house bamboo chalet in Viang Phouhka, NW Laos. Basic but did the job.

Showering from the black dustbin, with the plastic saucepan, was a chilling experience.

5568254477_c6c7f70726_b.jpg

On board of a train from BKK to Chiangmai ...

16932_234107352551_676382551_3044514_312789_n.jpg

A school in Waley in Burma near to Mae Sot
DSC02622.jpg

Around the back is their state of the art toilets, you just shit in the hole

Awis Yellow House, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
DSCF5399.jpg

With shared toilet/shower, yes that hole in the floor is the toilet, this reminds me of trekking in the jungle back in the early 90s

If you miss that hole things could get nasty.

Captain Slash had the best toilet photos--they look like they smell bad even in a photo. You know how a photo always makes the place you are photographing look nicer than it really is.

A nasty toilet I saw, and took a photo with a mobile phone but it's too grainy for here, was in Lhasa, Tibet, where the hole / slot in the floor drops down what looks like 20 to 50 meters, as it is in a monastery built in the side of a cliff. At least the stench is somewhat attenuated by the big drop and high altitude.

I never took any photos, but one of the prettiest toilet facilities I've ever been in has to be the one in the last rest area on the Malaysia Expressway (southbound), just before the Tuas Causeway into Singapore. Of course, that was ten years ago, things may have changed...

Good Morning Lads

So when we talking abt Toilets,, Here is one of my picture from nice Toilet :kat
IMG_6373.jpg

That was one of the nice tour on Oct 2010 with friends from Bkk and Nakhon Sawan and near by there..

From this restaurant with NICE Coffee

IMG_6369.jpg

OK,, and Question is,,, WHERE IT IS,,Who knows,,, i mean i know,,but keep every one busy of thinking,,,,While :lost and :topes

R 12 near Chumpae

ive taken a whizz there many times, great view, never tried the food there, any good :?:

KTMphil said:
R 12 near Chumpae

ive taken a whizz there many times, great view, never tried the food there, any good?

Whizz always in the "Taget" or miss the target?? i have seen few times thai people walking just under there and IF some one "MISS" target,, it's all landing to they heads,,, :MG :LOL :RO

no food for me there,,ONLY coffee,,, and that is small cups,,,maybe they are making NEW :deal so NEXT who is traveling there can fill us in what kind of food they have and good or NOT,,,,, :RO :bash :lost

I had a wonderful pee here, good coffe too.......... the roads where brilliant..

1167687942_GTcWU-M.jpg

Great music on the jukebox... 8-)

Ktm Chris said:
I had a wonderful pee here, good coffe too.......... the roads where brilliant..

1167687942_GTcWU-M.jpg

Great music on the jukebox... 8-)

Yes it's nice place, coffee and good view and good parking for bikes,,,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ ... OK20110916

Travel Picks: Top 10 toilets around the world

Travel Picks: Top 10 places with bad public art
Fri, Aug 26 2011

People wrap each other in toilet paper as they take part in the Mp3 Experiment in New York's Bryant Park October 2, 2010. REUTERS/Jessica Rinaldi

LONDON | Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37pm EDT

(Reuters) - Whether you call them a restroom, loo, lavatory, toilet, or "the facilities," they are always an important part of being on the go. With this in mind the members and editors of travel website VirtualTourist.com (www.virtualtourist.com) have compiled this list of the "World's Top 10 Toilets." Reuters has not endorsed this list:

1. Bryant Park; New York City, NY

Who would have thought that a loo in the middle of such a dirty, noisy, frenetic city would have classical music, fresh flowers, and even an attendant! Visitors report that it's also spotlessly clean.

2. Covent Garden; London, U.K.

If visitors to the public restrooms at Covent Garden don't notice the cleanliness and efficiency of this facility on their own there's a prominent sign on the wall informing them of the place's 2011 "Loo of the Year" award.

3. Madonna Inn; San Luis Obispo, CA

It only makes sense that one of the world's quirkiest hotels would have one of the world's quirkiest restrooms; a waterfall urinal that comes to life when used. We can only imagine the surprise of the uninformed.

4. Thornbury Castle; South Gloucestershire, U.K.

Not only can you walk in the footsteps of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn, but you can spend your first few minutes trying to find the hidden bathroom. In an effort to keep the secret we refuse to give away where it actually is.

5. Place de la Madeleine Public Toilets; Paris, France

Even a century of grime can't mar the beauty of the remarkable Art Nouveau facilities at the Place de la Madeleine. Dating back to 1905, this stunner of a lavatory is as worth checking out as any of the city's other more -- pardon the pun -- mainstream attractions.

6. Scholastica Baths; Ephesus, Turkey

The public toilets here not only provide a glimpse into la vie quotidienne of ancient peoples but also a highly unusual photo op as modern day visitors are welcome to take a seat on the no-longer functional commodes.

7. The Outhouses of Elk Falls; Elk Falls, Kansas

An annual contest taking place every November, this competition and tour features outhouses that run the gamut from greenhouse-like rooms to mini-movie theaters. A high-stakes operation, organizers offer a first prize of $60.

8. Opera Toilet; Vienna, Austria

Complete with operatic music, murals of the interior of the city's opera house-proper, show posters, and even stalls referred to as "loges," the Opera toilets are the next best thing to being there.

9. UFO Restaurant; Bratislava, Slovakia

Rest assured that although these urinals face large windows, there is just enough frosted glass to keep the view appropriate to the outside world.

10. Hundertwasser Toilets; Vienna, Austria

Dubbed the "Toilet of Modern Art" this is the second restroom in Vienna to make our list. Its randomly shaped tiles in bold primary colors make this playful room a fun alternative to the average dreary public toilet.

(Edited by Paul Casciato)

A beauty from the last Laos trip just south of OudomXai

Green slime takes at least 10 days to get to that level, funny enough the smell wasn't putrid. :topes

6164232373_775e2f6da2_b.jpg

BarryBBQ said:
Pattaya beach, March 2007, this guy was so fascinated by the toilet that he had to take a photo, so I caught a photo of him :D

DSC00201Small.jpg

that's Dr Greg Fraizer! hasn't he completed his world toilet ride?

Here is a lovely shitter we found on a trip over to Khao Lak (down south).

IMG00184-20110123-1027.jpg

Now it may look rough and a place that you do not want to visit, but trust me, Tim (that's him in the picture) said it looked just perfect.

IMG00186-20110123-1027.jpg

It is amasing how your view change when you have a bad case of the runs!!!

In Yunnan China

402026_10150470186006225_571861224_9017915_1419777928_n.jpg

Enter at your own risk ...

DSCF1385.jpg

Along the 1343 in Nan province

A ten years ago I spent a week staying with a rice farmer, outside a small town in Takeo province, Cambodia.
His grounds were immaculate. Waking each morning evidently one of his kids got up early and swept large the sandy dirt
area around house...not even a footprint was visible from the previous day.
Their wooden house was nice, spotlessly maintained, yet typical of of rural housing.
In contrast, the family's toilet was the worst I'd ever encountered. Inside the housing of palm fronds there was no toilet,
just a deep hole dug in the ground:

Takeo - outhouse.jpg

One more from Yempaul, with quaint Chinese conveniences

374919_10150501035872552_676382551_8526035_1629370537_n.jpg

Seen in a motorcycle repair shop was this clean squatter. While water-filling the hole I noticed the odd sticker on the wall. Had to bend down to read it and ended up almost falling into the squatter I was laughing so hard. Someone had a sense of humor.

BOBS Advisory At Motorbike Shop.jpg

And in another toilet was this sticker at eye level. Who are these guys?

Toilet Warning.jpg

I've seen jokes, newspaper articles and paintings in toilets. Stickers seem to be a new trend.

DSCF3456.jpg

DSCF5739.jpg

DSCF5740.jpg

i've pushed on out on a few of these high ones, problem is you have to concentrate on your balance as well as doing your business - not a fan.

DSCF5739.jpg

KTMphil said:
i've pushed on out on a few of these high ones, problem is you have to concentrate on your balance as well as doing your business - not a fan.
That's where knee braces come in handy, they lock your knees & legs in position so you don't have to think about balance.

IMG_0171.JPG
Outside toilet on the Mogok- Kyaukme road in Myanmar/Burma. It's just a couple bricks to step on surrounded by a bamboo fence but at least you don't have to worry about any smell.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ally Humorous Photos 58
Back
Top Bottom