Post your Asian bridge & water crossing photo's here

bambridge.jpg

Paging Khun Sa...

This is the old road to Burma in august of 1997. Wanted to go say hi to Khun Sa but didn't know he'd just retired to Yangoon. Crusiin' the Honda Dream chopper deluxe. Apologies for the pic quality. These are snapshot scans.

Thai border post;

scan0005cd.jpg

Suspension bridge over the Pai;

scan0001yk.jpg

Locals heading home;
scan0003yx.jpg

This was a first for me. Happy as a dog with two dicks;
scan0002mz.jpg

New bridge circa '97;
scan0004mk.jpg

Burma Karen border post, where they put in the Long Neck tourist show village;
scan0007ot.jpg

There's a few, which one is this Bob?

Its been a few years and beers. I recollect North from Mae Hong Son then turned west. Before the suspension bridge I think. Military guys came out and barked something. I smiled big and said "lookie, lookie". After a minute or so they waved me thru. Silly farang tourist. I have no idea what the round red sign says. I presumed "stop or we shoot" or some such thing.

Not great bridge shots, but I really enjoyed all the other postings here so thought I'd throw in some old guy historical perspective.

Given the past floods, I'm assuming the new bridge has since washed away?

Bob -

This is what the bridge looks like now

6632805057_a4310062c1_b.jpg

6632804407_28be0aab1c_b.jpg

We went up there not so long ago, report is below:

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...exploring-new-trails-around-mae-hong-son.html

This is the old road to Burma in august of 1997. Wanted to go say hi to Khun Sa but didn't know he'd just retired to Yangoon. Crusiin' the Honda Dream chopper deluxe. Apologies for the pic quality. These are snapshot scans.

Thai border post;

scan0005cd.jpg

Suspension bridge over the Pai;

scan0001yk.jpg

Locals heading home;
scan0003yx.jpg

This was a first for me. Happy as a dog with two dicks;
scan0002mz.jpg

New bridge circa '97;
scan0004mk.jpg

Burma Karen border post, where they put in the Long Neck tourist show village;
scan0007ot.jpg

Beat me to it Phil, I thought I recognised it this morning but had to check when I got home just now as it's rather distinctive.

P1010541.jpg

Don, I love all the pics your posting but is there any chance you can put locations of where they are?
It would be nice to go visit some of these if I'm ever going anywhere near them.
Stop being a tease please :-)

There's more to a good ride, than silly bridges mud-holes and bad roads, spice up your trip with 500 pounder in the road
Ok Pounce I will try and post some geographical hints along with enticing pics.
Maybe? are you longing for a rumble in the jungle in Laos?

big-bomb.jpg

Oops

Guess someone came downhill too fast (downhill to Dan Sai) and hit/moved the bridge which covers a gaping hole in the road caused by a landslip

IMG_2598R.jpg

The other side of the bridge and wood planks are sticking up quite a bit

IMG_2597R.jpg

Wavy bridge

Another bridge from my recent trip to Laos - on my way back from Nongbok had to cross this bridge which looked a bit rickety and wavy at first sight but was in fact quite sturdy.

IMG_2556R.jpg

One in Timor... can't remember whether its in East or West Timor... but its down south

photo-57.jpg

This one is East Timor, again, down south at Suai

photo-34.jpg

I spotted the missing culvert cap just in time and tried to signal the following rider, who didn't understand the message. East Timor

b2.jpg

Another East Timor water crossing... of sorts. There was a creek down there... about 20 metres down.

032.jpg

Another one from down south in Timor-Leste... on the way to the southern border crossing - which we were told was for locals only, but we got through. This bridge had been washed away and the only way through was via the river bed

070-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom