Post your Asian bridge & water crossing photo's here

Nam Song toll bridge

Attachments

• vv-bridge.jpg
    vv-bridge.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 284
Nik, what's with the red, black and white sticker on the right pannier of BJK 1200?

watercross.jpg
spooky bamboo raft, too small for a big bike,
I took the river crossing on the return trip after the partially submerged, first crossing!

Nik, what's with the red, black and white sticker on the right pannier of BJK 1200?

Ron guess that you indicate the swastika on the pannier. For some of the history of the swastika see: History of the Swastika

The swastika is an extremely powerful symbol. The Nazis used it to murder millions of people, but for centuries it had positive meanings. What is the history of the swastika? Does it now represent good or evil?
[h=3]The Oldest Known Symbol[/h]
The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BCE.During the following thousand years, the image of the swastika was used by many cultures around the world, including in China, Japan, India, and southern Europe. By the Middle Ages, the swastika was a well known, if not commonly used, symbol but was called by many different names:
Though it is not known for exactly how long, Native Americans also have long used the symbol of the swastika.
[h=3]The Original Meaning[/h]
The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit
svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.
Even in the early twentieth century, the swastika was still a symbol with positive connotations. For instance, the swastika was a common decoration that often adorned cigarette cases, postcards, coins, and buildings. During World War I, the swastika could even be found on the shoulder patches of the American 45th Division and on the Finnish air force until after World War II (etc.).

Hey Auke, thats fabulous information, thanks for getting it here ;)

Ally

IMG_2312.JPG
A rickety bamboo bridge in front of Wat Phrachao Thong Thip, Ban Si Thoi and no, I did not dare to cross this bridge as I am a bit on the heavy side:LOL

This is sure not a bridge? not sure if you can put your bike on it? This is not the Mekong,

NT2 reservoir!

cruise-boat.jpg

how did this mega yacht get here?

Back
Top Bottom