NOB ride Friday March 1st, 2013

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
I've spoken to a few rider's that are interested in trail riding this Friday. Looks like i might not be back from mapping, if i am i'd love to come.

Max, Alex, Rudi, Sefton, Loop, Dereck, Maybe Crowster & Scott (XR 400 R) want to join too ---- Can you put something together? Make route plan etc.....:RO

I'm in, my mate Ton probably coming as well.

Where and what time?

Some propositions?

- Mae Jo area
- start at wat Umong (Doi Kham area, hell's gate, last man standing...)
- start at 700yrs (Mae Rim area, buggy trail, leech trail...)
- Ob Khan area (death valley, the river-crossings trail...)

Some propositions?

- Mae Jo area
- start at wat Umong (Doi Kham area, hell's gate, last man standing...)
- Ob Khan area (death valley, the river-crossings trail...)

The 2 highlighted would be my vote.

Love to go but I'm working in Germany until June. Have fun.

The 2 highlighted would be my vote.

Would be best for me (no pickup).

Would 10 am at 700 years be ok?

I can`t make it,so best for someone else to make a suggestion.

I have a tour this sunday, so not sure if I can attend, will try my best, friday is always bad for me, have fun or see You.

Any ideas where to go? I need to reprogram my GPS now garmin sent me a new one,

Great ride today, only Harry showed up so we were only 4 riders including my 2 thai mates. Sorry didn't take any pictures

Sorry, I´ve made just a few pics. The ride was fine, just a little bit short. So I made the LMS alone at the afternoon. It was just planned to the waterfall and back. But the KLX runned smooth and suddenly, I was down of the hill of true. Shit, I did it very badly with pushing and waterfalls of sweat. And then 1,5km from the top the KLX didn´T accelered anymore. I was scary about my clutch and turned off to an icecold beer at the foot. The KLX runned perfect after that, maybe she was just overhead like me. Next time with 49 or 51 teeth sprocket.

View attachment 15178
View attachment 15179
View attachment 15180
View attachment 15181
View attachment 15182

Thanks for the pictures, I like the last one with a well deserved beer! Short ride indeed, Kong haven't ridden for a while he was pretty knackered after 2-3 hours riding

Well done trying LMS on a KLX Harry, that must have been tough. We took Horst up there 2 weeks ago on his Husaberg.

Yep, a real lady magnet! Considering mounting a hello kitty auto clutch on it.

Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

YZF ??? No valves here mate..

No I didnt.. Not sure I want to go the lazy way now..

YZF ??? No valves here mate..

No I didnt.. Not sure I want to go the lazy way now..

"Lazy way" can you elaborate on that? Essentially you could be concentrating on other controls. I've found myself going faster as a result of it, I definitely wouldn't say I've become lazy. You still retain a clutch lever if required. The biggest pro is having the rear brake control on the left handle bar. Precise brake feel as opposed to my cumbersome right foot.
Yes it doesn't go down well with the old school enduro die hards (bless em'), however I see it as progress, after all (disputedly) the best Enduro rider in the world at the moment, Mr Jarvis, uses one......
:RO

Bloody humorous!!!!!

Guys you got the name all wrong. Its actually orginally called a "fanny clutch", coined by the esteemed muppet Luke.

Can we get stickers like that made up?? I reckon all using the Rekluse have to wear them on the helmet. Dunno Johnny I reckon its lazy. One less control you have to modulate as often. Lazy, easy, call it what you like but I love it when I'm knackered................................which is usually 200 yards up the trail.

You've normally broken your arm before 200 meters?

Bloody humorous!!!!!

Guys you got the name all wrong. Its actually orginally called a "fanny clutch", coined by the esteemed muppet Luke.

Can we get stickers like that made up?? I reckon all using the Rekluse have to wear them on the helmet. Dunno Johnny I reckon its lazy. One less control you have to modulate as often. Lazy, easy, call it what you like but I love it when I'm knackered................................which is usually 200 yards up the trail.

Never sent from an I-Phone

"Lazy way" can you elaborate on that? Essentially you could be concentrating on other controls. I've found myself going faster as a result of it, I definitely wouldn't say I've become lazy. You still retain a clutch lever if required. The biggest pro is having the rear brake control on the left handle bar. Precise brake feel as opposed to my cumbersome right foot.
Yes it doesn't go down well with the old school enduro die hards (bless em'), however I see it as progress, after all (disputedly) the best Enduro rider in the world at the moment, Mr Jarvis, uses one......
:RO

Yeah... I will be honest and say when I saw your lever setup I thought that was primary being still clutch and the mini lever as a brake rather than the other way around which I am unsure I want.. I for sure wish to retain foot brake and think I wish to retain manual clutch as an optional for fethering it into the band and on the pipe...

Main reason it isnt fitted is the double life thing leaves me no time for much else.. Only back a couple of weeks and already on countdown to departure and a couple of weeks in Boracay etc.

Honestly I would have one if I had a MX bike for the trails to avoid stalling and wasting half my energy kicking the bike. But the cheap one (EXP), the one where all you do is replace 2 clutch plates.
View attachment 15210

Sorry Im going to have to pass, what with all the tuition you've been receiving recently and the extra 40cc on that bad boy, id never keep up!

haha nice photoshop skills :lol: see you at the next NOB ride then.

Yeah... I will be honest and say when I saw your lever setup I thought that was primary being still clutch and the mini lever as a brake rather than the other way around which I am unsure I want.. I for sure wish to retain foot brake and think I wish to retain manual clutch as an optional for fethering it into the band and on the pipe...

Main reason it isnt fitted is the double life thing leaves me no time for much else.. Only back a couple of weeks and already on countdown to departure and a couple of weeks in Boracay etc.

Give it to me and ill have it set-up in a few hours.
You can retain foot lever, clutch (for feathering the bike into the ground - believe me!!!) the Rekluse does this automatically. They also have a different double lever set-up released which i might try on the KTM.

They also have a different double lever set-up released which i might try on the KTM.

I bought one, installed it on the bars and then vomitted. The most horrific ergonomics ever so bought it back to the US and sold it. The levers were three inches in height apart from each other. Wish I knew you wanted one before I returned, but I like the ergo's of the set-up you have now much better.

What don't you like with your current hand control set-up?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MastaMax N.O.B. Rides 27
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 1
KTMphil N.O.B. Rides 25
MastaMax N.O.B. Rides 24
MastaMax N.O.B. Rides 45
Back
Top Bottom