No Green Book No More Fun

but I now got a first hand report from a friend who, together with his mate, saw their bikes confiscated and got themselves arrested and deported...

Fact or fiction ??

Deported (hence charged, guilty, IDC and passport stamped) for riding an invoice bike ??

"not worth it when you can get reasonably priced new bikes legally,, personally peace of mind is my choice these days"

,,?,, Kindly point ,, out a GOOD bike that is ,, reasonably priced here . Many people will settle for mediocre budget built uninspiring crap but there are a few of us who have been riding ,, a long time ( the sorts that think Phantoms are not chick magnets ).
You want decent sports or " adventure " bike then its gunna be unreasonably expensive to go the legal because of the duties etc . You want a decent enduro or trials bike ,, KTM is the only option for enduro at eye watering prices for something that is unlikely to ever see ,, much road use ( but comes with a ,,Green book )
Trials is a no hoper ,, Like Max says lets not worry at the moment and if you are concerned ,, lock you bike in a shed in some back of beyond region and wait till there is a new government ,,
smile.png

I don't know where you have been in the passed year or two but I suggest you take a stroll around through some serious bike shops (not BMW and KTM for now as these guys are still milking it) and you will see that a serious drop has occurred and is still continuing. Just as an example, an MT-09 is now 390k at Yamaha Square in Surin...something you wouldn't have seen a couple years ago.

Import duties are drastically changing that dynamics of the thai bike market. The Agreement Thailand has with Japan under which they have been phasing out import taxes to a 0 level by 2016 and leaving only 10% tax this year has already changed prices enormously. In addition with advent of the ASEA realm there has been a serious shifting of alliances and manufacturing locations by many players seeing numerous manufacturers now assembling in Thailand and as such receiving serious tax brakes...which are as of today not quite passed along (take BMW for example)...but eventually will have to if they want to remain competitive. Give it another year...

I think my idea of a " GOOD " bike and yours are poles apart .

If Kawasaki would just sell the KLX450, like they do in Malaysia, here in dirt / supermoto form.. A huge gap in the market would be addressed.

If Kawasaki would just sell the KLX450, like they do in Malaysia, here in dirt / supermoto form.. A huge gap in the market would be addressed.

Do you know what the street legal KLX 450 model is in Malaysia? The KLX 450 R is a race enduro bike, 115kg with no turn signals so not road legal, so no green book qualification (not road legal for Thailand)?

klx 450 r by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Don't know only read from some Malay forums that they are road regged.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Will have be a dig.. Long time back now.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

So, answer the question... Tell us a good dirt bike that is available with a plate at a reasonable price? Even if they do not have a hollow one off titanium crank - they'll still do... ,,

First of all by what I can read into your posting you wouldn't even be able to afford a full titanium crank shaft for a single thumper let alone a hollow one for a 4 cylinder engine...the one off comment is unfortunately incorrect as these are available for several engines including R1, Hayabusa and ZX-14...unfortunately these are something for a different kind of "IN CROWD" which you won't find on google...you would need a little more then letting your fingers do the walking to get your hands on one of those.

As for the bikes...I believe Red Baron has a few Suzuki DR400s in the show room for very reasonable prices...There are several Yamaha's and Honda's CRF250 and CRF450..YZFs available in road legal versions with plates and green book and...considering the kind of ride these are...the prices are quite OK especially for Thailand.

If a hard core cross machine is what your heart craves then answer this question...where else in the world would you be able to get a hard core competition machine with plates? (outside the US of course...)

Jeee let's see...

- an R1 is an excellent croch rocket so in my book an R1 is a GOOD motorcycle

- XT660z Ténéré is an excellent Enduro and do it all...the truest globetrotters machine so in my book it is a GOOD motorcycle

- a Kawasaki GTR 1400 is an awesome tourer and the V-Max a great hooligan machine. both GOOD motorcycles in my book

- hard core MX...go ahead and list what is included in your limited world...didn't get the "go fetch" memo yet?

Fact or fiction ??

Deported (hence charged, guilty, IDC and passport stamped) for riding an invoice bike ??

charged and convicted of a criminal offense can get you kicked out...wow...what a surprise!!!!

I have no reason to doubt my mate's account...I know you google generation are from a different world and doubt anything until you see a picture of it popping up in a search...

We are old fashioned riders...,maybe only few but we have old fashioned values. hold together and help each other...we meet now and then and share...nothing is received as bragging because we are all doing stuff out of the ordinary that "normal people" don't do in a lifetime...so to me it is a first hand account of how bad things have gotten here, period.

You do what you want with the info...take it at face value and be cautious...dismiss it and keep riding without plates and green book...it's all up to you!

12-13k for a 250...14-15k for a 450

not that bad really all in all considered

...wait another year to year and a half and that number will be quite lower again...

12-13k for a 250...14-15k for a 450

not that bad really all in all considered

...wait another year to year and a half and that number will be quite lower again...

Problem is that the ASEAN tax has bottomed out, so unless they assemble here, it doesnt look like any further tax breaks coming.

Problem is that the ASEAN tax has bottomed out, so unless they assemble here, it doesnt look like any further tax breaks coming.

Actually the biggest tax break came gradually over the passed 9 years from a different agreement and the last drop will happen next year...only for what Japanese made bikes is concerned that is though...

cute johnny...too bad I never had time to get into that frat boy sense of humor...was too busy riding real bikes

Why did you assume it was directed at you?

"real bikes"- come on surely a real bike enthusiast would consider anything with two wheels a "real bike".

Why did you assume it was directed at you?

"real bikes"- come on surely a real bike enthusiast would consider anything with two wheels a "real bike".

I nearly commented on the frat boy sense of humor...not saying I felt attacked by it...

"was" refers to my present unfortunate situation and yes...I am still getting a stupid grin on my face every time I head out on the scooter or the toothless tiger to shop or make a delivery, yet I still wouldn't call these a real bike

First of all by what I can read into your posting you wouldn't even be able to afford a full titanium crank shaft for a single thumper let alone a hollow one for a 4 cylinder engine...the one off comment is unfortunately incorrect as these are available for several engines including R1, Hayabusa and ZX-14...unfortunately these are something for a different kind of "IN CROWD" which you won't find on google...you would need a little more then letting your fingers do the walking to get your hands on one of those.

As for the bikes...I believe Red Baron has a few Suzuki DR400s in the show room for very reasonable prices...There are several Yamaha's and Honda's CRF250 and CRF450..YZFs available in road legal versions with plates and green book and...considering the kind of ride these are...the prices are quite OK especially for Thailand.

If a hard core cross machine is what your heart craves then answer this question...where else in the world would you be able to get a hard core competition machine with plates? (outside the US of course...)

As far as i am aware getting an brand new MX plated is something you need to do your self . This is for sure the case in the UK . I owned a Honda CR500 which was road registered . It could be done back then by obtaining confirmation of year from Honda UK then obtaining a MOT ( inspection for tyres brakes n other legalities ) . BUT it needed to have lights front an rear , done through the aid of a lighting coil ( total loss system for those who want to pretend they know about this S tuff ) . It is still possible i believe in the UK even without lights :) BUT this is never from the showroom , you have to do it your self . I suspect this is the only way for most countries . SO if Reds barron are selling YZFs plated its BULL PooP :)

Happy to see proof though ;)

Why prices will be lower in a year?

Thailand signed an agreement with Japan for what concernes import taxes on vehicle imports, including motorcycles. The agreement portion concerning bikes was based on import taxes slowly being phased out for motorcycles imported from Japan with 10% tax left this year and falling off in 2016.

This agreement had absolutely nothing to do with ASEA, as a matter of fact it was entered long before ASEA came into effect...also...ASEA has a small effect on import taxes for vehicle imports into Thailand, the major import tax brakes come tied to establishing manufacturing in Thailand.

We know that several companies including BMW, Ducati and Benelli (just to name a few) established manufacturing and assembly facilities in Thailand and as such are benefitting from serious import tax reductions (and in some cases no import tax at all). The fact that these tax reductions are only partially passed down to the consumer is a decision that lies entirely with the manufacturer...and its Thai importer in some cases (i.e. BMW Thailand which is an autonomous entity...that's why so many got screwed here with BMW Motorrad GMBH unable to make up for it...at least in Thailand)

Market decisions are based on many factors some of which include adapting to the local mentality and social dynamics. If BMW wants to keep its status of exclusivity (hi-so machines cannot suddenly drop in price) they can only reduce pricing slowly and to a limited extent. Benelli, which has been working with local firms and Chinese companies for longer, needs to proceed in bigger strides to re-establish the market base which it had lost, hence the biggest price drops to date of the European manufacturers and a warranty policy to inspire the confidence to actually capture the market that the lower pricing attracts...

But overall, the market in general cannot drop prices by 50-60% over night...just remember one of the discussions I had over at GTR with some people that were ready to lynch me just for suggesting that prices will see a serious reduction...because they were of course concerned about the residual value of the metal piles they so much overpaid for...

Yamaha came out with the MT line to regain a loosing market share as the company had started pricing itself out of the market with its costly bikes...hence the MT line (and related R15 and R3 cousins). The MT-09 went from 490k on its launch to 430k earlier this year to 390k now...the MT-07 went from 380k to 340k and now to 290k. The cost of these "run of the mill" machines has not changed yet the sales price has dropped by 20% in a year...this to me is a clear sign that, unlike some other brands that want to remain very exclusive, Yamaha is slowly adjusting its sales prices to a normal market dynamic. This also suggest to me that, at least as far as the MT line is concerned, the prices will see near US and Europe levels within a foreseeably reasonable time of the last tax portion falling off. That being the case, sales prices of "special" beauties, like the WR450, cannot become increasingly unbalanced and will have to be adapted as well even if not as low as the big volume sellers.

This will also affect the sales price of gray importers that will have to adapt by reducing their margins. All in all they will still be happy to provide you with the service of going through the trouble of getting a bike road legal for you even if you bring it in on your own (as long as you follow procedures correctly and bring a machine that can pass emission standards...everything else is details). As I mentioned Red Baron still has a couple of Suzuki DR400s in his show room...and also as mentioned, I have seen several road legal (with plate and green book) YZF(WR)250 and 450 as well as CRF450 available in the market...those interested can surely go dig and find out where as you are definitely better then me with google (but no...I don't believe Red Baron has any of those right now...but I also never said he did have any...)

That is why I have been suggesting to people to take their time for now...and why I still say prices will go lower yet and balance out somewhere on a reasonable level within the next couple years. Just my opinion of course.

Jeee let's see...

- an R1 is an excellent croch rocket so in my book an R1 is a GOOD motorcycle

- XT660z Ténéré is an excellent Enduro and do it all...the truest globetrotters machine so in my book it is a GOOD motorcycle

- a Kawasaki GTR 1400 is an awesome tourer and the V-Max a great hooligan machine. both GOOD motorcycles in my book

- hard core MX...go ahead and list what is included in your limited world...didn't get the "go fetch" memo yet?

Thanks for making my point ....How much do those bikes cost new in Thailand ? Am guessing A lot !

I am interested in these titanium crankshafts but every time I search for the hollow ones I keep getting directed to companies offering hollow cranks for bicycles! I have found quite a few well known tuning companies but they are only offering titanium connecting rods for R1's and Hayabusas. Where can I get more information on both the solid and hollow ones and does anyone know what company is making and selling them?

BMW just dropped the prices of several models overnight- the S1000RR went from 1,050,000 to 820,000 in a day, i.e., so it was an immediate reduction of over 20%. Ducati dropped the price of the 899 Panigale from 999K to 749K (with free Termis as a promotion for the Motor Expo) overnight as well last year when it was added to their Thailand production line (I believe it's ~775K now). It's not just the middle-of-the-road bikes that are coming down in price substantially, and it's happening in big moves- it's absolutely kicking the secondhand market in the balls (though some people are still dreaming- I just saw a 2010 S1000RR with a 695K price tag on it, which is more than a brand-new ZX-10R- the guy must love that bike, because he's going to own it forever if he doesn't knock about 150K off that number)

Know what you mean just saw a guy selling a 2002 bmw 1150 rt and wants 320K must be crazy to expect that price.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If a hard core cross machine is what your heart craves then answer this question...where else in the world would you be able to get a hard core competition machine with plates? (outside the US of course...)[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with this - road registered in the UK.... Thousands of examples
RL.PNG

Thanks for that update Kowboy...nice to see that even BMW and Ducati couldn't keep the prices up like that forever...though they could have done it quite a bit before it is refreshing news. I agree that many are in dreamland when it comes to asking prices of their used bikes...it is in part of course because they did pay that much more for them and quite surely because they have no clue of the market dynamics as they are developing...and pure stubbornness as well I guess...(I remember a dude last year insulting me like I was trying to rob his candy when I suggested he drop the price 20-30k then rather then have to wake up this year and get 100k less...you can guess what happened right?......)

Matt that sentence was in the context of cross bikes available plated directly from dealerships...not single homologations...on that note: "thousands" is most likely again a number derived from your own imaginary big swinging dick contest which you of course won hands on long time ago (pun intended)...

Jon if you're serious send me a pm please with model and year of the engine you are modifying and the planned final bore/stroke and firing sequence. If you have the cam profile and timing you can also get the hollow titanium camshafts (which in comparison add little to the final cost but I recommend it together with titanium roller rockers if you go down this route of tuning). Titanium connecting rods and carbon pistons and valves are also available with these kits. All the components are coated based on what they do...remember these go for a pretty penny though the tamest are around 300+HP up to well over 500HP depending on how much you're willing to spend...yet are solid engines still.

I just saw a 2010 S1000RR with a 695K price tag on it, which is more than a brand-new ZX-10R- the guy must love that bike, because he's going to own it forever if he doesn't knock about 150K off that number)

I was talking in Patong to a guy that want 135K for a 2004 XR250 that he use for 10 year hardcore enduro . No Book , Tyres and sprockets , chain , Break disks and pads way beyond useable and scratched like hell .
Thats not Bike love , thats just crazy.

Yeah...I just saw a couple of dreamers trying to sell a CB400 for over 100k and a CRF250M for 125k...the last one is still 115k brand new from the Honda shop in Surin with book, tax etc all included...so it makes me wonder what some of these morons are thinking...

...and while we are on the subject, check out these beauties:

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/yamaha-wr-450f-for-sale-235575

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/classifieds/index.php/detail/20151126080913188

...makes me wonder why Matt and Jessjess always have ignorant garbage to add...you dudes should stick to playing in your local sandbox...rumor has it that that's all you're good at anyways...now go fetch

I am interested in these titanium crankshafts but every time I search for the hollow ones I keep getting directed to companies offering hollow cranks for bicycles! I have found quite a few well known tuning companies but they are only offering titanium connecting rods for R1's and Hayabusas. Where can I get more information on both the solid and hollow ones and does anyone know what company is making and selling them?

Maybe you missed my answer earlier Jon...so here we go again...

Jon if you're serious send me a pm please with model and year of the engine you are modifying and the planned final bore/stroke and firing sequence. If you have the cam profile and timing you can also get the hollow titanium camshafts (which in comparison add little to the final cost but I recommend it together with titanium roller rockers if you go down this route of tuning). Titanium connecting rods and carbon pistons and valves are also available with these kits. All the components are coated based on what they do...remember these go for a pretty penny though the tamest are around 300+HP up to well over 500HP depending on how much you're willing to spend...yet are solid engines still.

Kits are produced by the four...there are only 2 superTen used and one is reserved for me so there is still one available including all of the above mentioned components, cost is CHF32,000 without work (i.e dynamic balancing etc) anyone serious pm please

Yeah...I just saw a couple of dreamers trying to sell a CB400 for over 100k and a CRF250M for 125k...the last one is still 115k brand new from the Honda shop in Surin with book, tax etc all included...so it makes me wonder what some of these morons are thinking...

...makes me wonder why Matt and Jessjess always have ignorant garbage to add...you dudes should stick to playing in your local sandbox...rumor has it that that's all you're good at anyways...now go fetch

Just to point out... Ad says :
- Original documents invoice selling 290000 THB with insurance

I'm pretty sure it's not plated. Also 290k for an old generation bike no thanks...

The one Phil posted does seem to have a green book, but again, 245k for a 10 years old 2-3 generation old bike no thanks...

I guess it must be hard for a big man in a one horse town having holes blown in his statements 55555 ( save it for a clueless audience next time ;0 ) Perhaps if you didnt have a track record of Knobhead ed ness it wouldn't be coming from so many directions ? 5555
But am sure u have some " friends " to console you :)

- - - Updated - - -

I guess it must be hard for a big man in a one horse town having holes blown in his statements 55555 ( save it for a clueless audience next time ;0 ) Perhaps if you didnt have a track record of Knobhead ed ness it wouldn't be coming from so many directions ? 5555
But am sure u have some " friends " to console you :)

- - - Updated - - -

:yawning my friends have an IQ over that of a doorknob dude...go fetch and maybe we'll give you a consolation pad on the head

Just because the owner of this joint was dumb enough to give you your own forum it doesn't mean you get to give out the "k-nob-head" awards...you just don't qualify as judge with your limited IQ...sorry...try again when you learned some more!

Just to point out... Ad says :
- Original documents invoice selling 290000 THB with insurance

It also says "with green book" and he throws in a warranty...not something I would buy, I agree with you there BUT...far from the misery some are crying about...

Yes I saw your reply thanks. I just wanted the names of some of the companies that were producing the crankshafts so I could do a bit of research of my own. I was more interested in the ones available for singles. Can you get both solid and hollow ones for singles? I have a 10 year old Yamaha Mio scooter which will need a rebuild soon and it would be nice to get it to rev up a bit quicker.

Yes I saw your reply thanks. I just wanted the names of some of the companies that were producing the crankshafts so I could do a bit of research of my own. I was more interested in the ones available for singles. Can you get both solid and hollow ones for singles? I have a 10 year old Yamaha Mio scooter which will need a rebuild soon and it would be nice to get it to rev up a bit quicker.

OK I bite...

sorry Jon I'm not quite sure if you are really what you just pretended to be...in the event you are, I do apologize for what follows in the next sentences and just tell you that "unfortunately no, this is state of the art technology that is in its infancy and the owner is very protective of it (not that the American first to file patent laws have anything to do with it)...as such he produces full kits by the four (because that is how the casting technology we developed works) and concentrates on the most requested models, namely ZX-10, ZX-14, R1, Hayabusa and the SuperTen was a an addition as we both love that engine...no singles to date. If you really would like to have your Mio cost as much as a new beemer then something can be arranged...other then that I am sorry to say, not available!

If you dumbasses without the resemblance of a clue want to pull my chain then please go get some IQ boosters somewhere...though I doubt there is enough out there to get you to an acceptable level at least you can make it look like you tried...

Sorry Phil but your joint is turning into a shithole of dumbasses and whores...there might still be some useful info now and then...but in general it seems to be run over by trolls and idiots with the IQ of doorknobs that are turning RA more and more into something useless like the "opium runner" riders.

When I was invited here I was told this was a very open place with lots of "real riders" and a lot of newbies that were serious about getting into riding...now I find there is an "IN CROWD" of bullies and assholes with the IQ of 15 year old Afghan girls behaving like they own the motorcycle world...some of the idiots in here are so stupid they don't even know what questions they would have to ask if they wanted to get ready for a real ride (what I consider a real ride, weather Phuket to Chiang Mai or Bangkok to Tokyo)...so sorry to say but...this place needs a "GIANT ENEMA"...

Or maybe its just another one of those online crap houses where wonabees hang out to hassle the few real guys that around until they wake up and stop sharing real knowledge...real people and intelligent riders like Ally and a few others are missing for a reason I can only assume... and I see the reason more and more...

keep at it google generation...keep at it (mock those that share experience and help newcomers)!

To those who agree with me, sorry for being blunt and to anyone else...you don't deserve my time to educate you nor you do you deserve any experience being shared with you at all...google shit and go die somewhere down the road when you eave your sand box...I won't shed a tier.

SO LONG MOTHER FUCKERS

Back
Top Bottom