New to touring by Thailand GPX files

TezaAus

Bikes
Moto Guzzi, Honda VFR
Hi This is my first post here so please accept my newbie status. I have been touring Thailand for a few years but only 1 or 2 trips a year and want to break out a bit soon.
So I have purchased a Zumo XT2 with the thought that it would be cool to use.
I never thought how difficult it would be to learn how to use it and am slowly getying there.
That said my base is Australia for now so its locked there and for the life of me I can't get a Thailand map. Not from Garmin at least It doesnt show up even to purchase as an extra.
The point of my post is I am looking for some road ride gpx files in and around the north . I have been able to import 1 so far so this might be a way to go. No point with way points as I have not worked that out.
Also are the threads that you guys know and can suggest to me please. Am I missing what this Garmin can do?

Riders Corner in Chiang Mai has the North Thailand On-road and Off-road GPS map for Garmins. I don't know the XT2 but presumably it will accept an SD card?

I have Garmin montana 600 albeit with OSM mapping and I use Garmin Basecamp on my Mac to do the plotting and routes whilst the device is plugged in, it then saves it on to the device. Then you’re not messing about on a small screen. I have never tried it with Garmins own maps but it should work as it’s a Garmin app.

Back
Top Bottom