New driving license procedures

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
New Driving Licence Policies Announced by Department of Land Transport

CityNews - The Chiang Mai Department of Land Transport (DLT) announced A New Process for getting Driver licenses in Thailand, and Beginning on 1. st June in 2014, stricter rules Will be in Effect for those Wishing to obtain Driving licenses.

Mr. Charnchain Kelapaeng, Director of Chiang Mai DLT, told reporters that new drivers will have to go through 4 hours of intense lectures, and that those who wish to renew their 5-year licence will need to attend a one-hour class. Those who are getting their 5-year licence for the first time won't need to take this class.

Another important change is that the DLT will only issue 120 new licences in a day. New drivers who can't attend class on the same day will have to make appointments for one of the following days and come back to attend the class. The Current to improve processes, Chiang Mai The DLT has been working with Educational Institutions Who Will help provide Classess under The DLT's Standards Beginning on June 1. st .

"The new exam for new drivers will have 50 questions. Drivers need to score 90% or 45 questions right and above to pass. The old exam had 30 questions with a 75% passing grade (23 questions correct). The new exam has been updated to fit international driving standards for foreign drivers as well. The stricter policies are aimed to make drivers pay more attention during class and the written exam to reduce the number of traffic accidents. "Said Charnchai.

The article fails to mention which class of testing a non Thai driver holding an IDP and home country license will need to do, the 'new driver' version or the '5 year renewal' version.

I know when I did my 5 year renewal a year or two back, they made me watch the 1 hour video back then.

This month, my license is due for renewal.

I visited Immigration to obtain a letter to confirm my residence and was given a 22 day queue ticket.

FYI, plan ahead !

22 days, hell could have frozen over by then....

Its getting a shorter wait then Ally, back in october I was told to come back one month later

Back
Top Bottom