Bike Driving Licenses

Yes I've been following the Thai reaction to this on FB. Plenty of sub 30 years CB500 riders not happy about it.

Maybe some sort of meaningful test before you are issued a licence would be useful too... :?

Yes I've been following the Thai reaction to this on FB. Plenty of sub 30 years CB500 riders not happy about it.

Maybe some sort of meaningful test before you are issued a licence would be useful too... :?

Yes, I can understand that the CB500 riders are not happy, However, in case this will become law I would assume that there will be some sort kind of "grand-father rule" that guys who owned a big bike before the new law came into effect, would be exempt from this law as they might have to wait years (if the age limit is set at 30) before they would be allowed to use their own bikes. On the other hand such a grandfather rule would open the floodgates for bribes demanded by the BIB.

Anyway, you would still have to deal with the young speed devils (who would be able ride with a temporary license at the age of 15) on the 110 and 250cc bikes as well as young guys driving big trucks, buses and all the souped up cars.

One license for "small bikes up to 400cc"? As if riding a Ninja 300 or the new Yamaha with 321cc isn't dangerous? What's the top speed of the CBR250R?

I'd say force young riders (age 16) to complete safety courses and have real driver's license tests for bikes up to 150cc; after two years another test for bikes up to 400cc.

My 15 year old daughter just got her license and has no idea what the traffic signs mean or why there are white or yellow lines on the road.

But, big discussion or not, I'm sure nothing will come of it. I remember the police trying to get control over those self-made three-wheeled contraptions that are a traffic hazard. They talked about outlawing them or at least having special safety inspections; nothing ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom