New BMW "Dakar type bike" G 650 GS Sertão

Lightemup

Bikes
KTM 690 Duke 2014
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/inde ... cycles.jsp

G 650 GS Sertão: Funduro featuring a comprehensive equipment package.

bmw-bmw-g-650-gs-serto_17.jpg

bmw-bmw-g-650-gs-serto_18.jpg

bmw-bmw-g-650-gs-serto_13.jpg

On October 3rd, 2011 the time had come! The motorcycle show "Salao da Motocicleta" in São Paulo witnessed a very special premiere: the G 650 GS Sertão.

A machine designed to master even the most adventurous forays into off-road terrain. This calls for special riding qualities: power, robustness and agility. And these pay off not only off-road but also in everyday riding. With regular fuel consumption at 3.2 l for 100 km #1 and a weight of 192 kg fully fueled, the G 650 GS Sertão is extraordinarily fuel efficient while remaining very easy to handle. The engine generates 35 kW (48 bhp) at 6500 rpm and a maximum torque of 60 Nm at 5000 rpm.

The colour design Aura White/Arroy Blue non-metallic is timeless. The luggage carrier is in black and the seat in black/grey.

Thanks to state-of-the-art ABS (disengageable, incl. hazard warning flashers) the braking performance of the G 650 GS Sertão reaches a new level on wet roads. Apart from riding safety, a high level of comfort is ensured by the heated grips and the socket. The equipment features are rounded off by the original BMW Motorrad alarm system.

Wonder how much that will cost in Thailand, if they choose to field it here.
I like it, a lot....

This might be the perfect touring bike, amazing fuel efficiency & quality proven machine.....I'd buy another one any day.

weight of 192 kg fully fueled......

That's nearly as much as my 990.. :WTF

Too heavy..

Chris

It probably has a 17 liter fuel tank, specific gravity of benzine is about 1 - so take off 17KG, 175kg dry isn't so bad is it? My DRZ 400 weighs 142 KG dry.

Ktm Chris said:
weight of 192 kg fully fueled......

That's nearly as much as my 990.. :WTF

Too heavy..

What size front forks are they?
They look a bit spindly & the first good bump, they'll fold under the bike.
Is it because it's a bigger looking bike?

It's here in Singapore ... The dealer is selling it at around USD15,000. :hmm

I would have thought in Thailand around 740,000 bht? Roughly the same price as the Triumph Tiger Adventure XC here in Thailand.

yempaul said:
It's here in Singapore ... The dealer is selling it at around USD15,000. :hmm

Lightemup said:
A machine designed to master even the most adventurous forays into off-road terrain.

:d

Gotta love the marketing for these big "adventure" bikes where "off-road" means "graded non-tarmac highway".

Nevertheless cool styling and technology. This kind of thing would be my choice for on-road touring in SEA if I was riding two-up or carrying lots of gear.

Its not a dirtbike for sure, but it is capable of a lot of non tarmac in competent hands for sure. Plenty of guys on ADVRider and F650.com that treat them like dirtbikes and go places that are way off road. But rainy season mud in Thailand for sure not.

If I had the funds, I would get one, immediately, but swap out some stuff, like putting on Yamaha YZ forks instead and a better rear shock. If fact Im thinking of building my regular F650 into that configuaration right now. Anyone got a lead on some YZ forks ?

Back
Top Bottom