My Garmin Zumo 340

Changnoi1

Bikes
Kawasaki Z250
Just back from a 3 day about 800 km trip from Khon Kaen to Petchabun and Loei. And back Khon Kaen of course. Not really needed the GPS but it is a great way to make ad-hoc detours (great function). Until now all works great.

One or two questions.
After a day riding I would like to save all "Active" tracks together as 1 "Saved" track (that I will later export to my PC via Basecamp).
But when I want to do that it says "cannot save". But I can save every single "active" track of that day to a track (but not the total of all the single tracks).
Why?

And what makes start new active track? Can you stop / deactivate the "active" track"?

Effectively I would like to record all movements from 1 day and keep them as 1 track.

Not sure if this helps but when you connect the Zumo 340 to BaseCamp, I assume that just like my 62S, the tracks will show up in Basecamp in the left hand panel. Selecting one or more tracks, right click and choose Advanaced and you have an option to "Join the selected tracks". You can then combine the tracks and give the combined track a new name and this track will then be saved on the GPS.

However, the Zumo 340 is different from other Garmin GPS'es as it will not go into USB mode but I am not sure if that is needed to combine the tracks as I don't know the Zumo 340.

USB mode? I think it does, I can access all files straight like it is a drive.
And yes I know I can join the tracks in BaseCamp. But I would like to do that on the device itself. While I do not take my laptop with me while riding. So at the end of the day I would like to make (on the device) one saved Track.

Just back from a 3 day about 800 km trip from Khon Kaen to Petchabun and Loei. And back Khon Kaen of course. Not really needed the GPS but it is a great way to make ad-hoc detours (great function). Until now all works great.

One or two questions.
After a day riding I would like to save all "Active" tracks together as 1 "Saved" track (that I will later export to my PC via Basecamp).
But when I want to do that it says "cannot save". But I can save every single "active" track of that day to a track (but not the total of all the single tracks).
Why?

And what makes start new active track? Can you stop / deactivate the "active" track"?

Effectively I would like to record all movements from 1 day and keep them as 1 track.

A friend of mine has a 350 and the latest software version (I think 3.70) introduced a new function called "tracks" in the apps meny that may do what you want.

Back
Top Bottom