My best bit of kit

Steve Canyon

Bikes
SMT990
After 8 years and at least 70,000 miles my Hien gericke suit has sprung a leak, around the crown jewels area, a sad day. This suit has performed beyond expectations, it does get water logged and the water does run down into your gloves, but the rest of you stays dry.

The zip pulls have broke but a small zip tie fixed that, it has not ripped or torn nor has it become thread bear in any pace, no idea how it would perform in an accident as I have not had one whilst I owned it, to give you some idea of the use it's had I use it everyday....

I Paid about 350 quid for it and had really got my monies worth, highly recommend this HG product. I will have to break out the BMW street guard suit for the bad weather days. I tend to use the BMW suit on the long journeys , without a doubt the mother of all suits.....you do not get wet or cold in BMW gear,I also have some BMW boots which are quality...no wet feet.....

I think I will bring the broken suit out to Thailand at Xmas for it's retirement.... :(

Let it finish it's life in the sun will leisurely rides.....

What's your best buy???

Klim Dakar vented riding pants.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the- ... nts/Detail

Klim_Dakar_Pants_2010.jpg

USD$ 140 (new model about USD$ 180) i've have yet to see better designed riding pants for hot climates, huge zip vents from the knee almost up to the crown jewels.

They go over your boot, many experienced riders will say this is a bad idea as you can catch the bottom of the pants on the foot pegs. The lower 30cm to the bottom of the leg are a velcro wrap, so you can pull them tight around your boot but also you catch them on a peg or lever and the velcro comes undone.

Laying in state awaiting the final journey..

The HG suit....The key ring lanyard I got the same day....good gear..

18062011281-M.jpg

18062011282-M.jpg

Klim Dakar vented riding pants

What sort of milage have they done Phil??

KTMphil said:
Klim Dakar vented riding pants.

http://www.atomic-moto.com/servlet/the- ... nts/Detail

Klim_Dakar_Pants_2010.jpg

USD$ 140 (new model about USD$ 180) i've have yet to see better designed riding pants for hot climates, huge zip vents from the knee almost up to the crown jewels.

They go over your boot, many experienced riders will say this is a bad idea as you can catch the bottom of the pants on the foot pegs. The lower 30cm to the bottom of the leg are a velcro wrap, so you can pull them tight around your boot but also you catch them on a peg or lever and the velcro comes undone.

I've had the Klim Mojave pants for 2 1/2 years. They're very similar to the Dakar except they have more venting/mesh but don't have the option to zip the vents closed.
The only thing that's starting to fail is the stickiness of the velcro on the leg bottoms. If I can find some good quality velcro, it wouldn't take much for a seamstress to repair it.

Seems like another bit of kit is going to have to be replaced..

My much loved Street pilot 2610.. :(

08072011315-M.jpg

Excellent piece of kit, I think it was about 5-600 quid..but I need something new...

Hope it goes to a good home... :)

Back
Top Bottom