Motorcycle ASEAN friendly

LongJourney

Bikes
Actually none
Hi everyone,

I am actually in the south of Thailand. I want pass my motorcycle licence in Phuket and buy a motorcycle.
I drive 125cm motorcycle in France since 3 years. And take a lot of scooter in Thailand.

Choice of motorcycle for my trip
I read a lot of recommandation about the Kawa 250 KLX or Honda 250 CRF. But this motorcycle is alreay in Vietnam, Laos et Cambodia ?
I'm trying to find the good one which can move with me.

Where to buy ?
A thai people told me to buy motorcycle in Vietnam, because it was cheaper. I want to buy with the right paper, no the name of the old owner.
Do you have some recommandation about it ?

Thank you very much,

Kévin

Both the bikes you mention would be a good choice if you intend to spend time in Thailand and visit Laos and Cambodia with the bike; Vietnam is more difficult. Buy new if you want clean registration papers. If you don't intend to stay too long, second hand maybe the way to go.

Thank you Craig for you answer :)

You don't have other choice in mind ? Only trail ?

Why only new if I want registration paper ?

I don't know how long time I stay, second hand will me better for me. But no paper ? It's not a problem with the different police in the different country ?

I suspect there would be several on the "baht and sold" website. To transfer the title/green box to your name, you will need a Resident Certificate from the local Thai Immigration office. The best way to cross borders is with the green book in your name. (And it is not a speedy process.)
As mentioned, the biggest problem will be Vietnam. The rest should be reasonably straight forward.

I suspect there would be several on the "baht and sold" website. To transfer the title/green box to your name, you will need a Resident Certificate from the local Thai Immigration office. The best way to cross borders is with the green book in your name. (And it is not a speedy process.)
As mentioned, the biggest problem will be Vietnam. The rest should be reasonably straight forward.
Garzan : the probleme is for the pieces in Vietnam ?

About Green Paper, i see that :
http://www.chiangmaibuddy.com/how-to-buy-a-motorbike-in-thailand/

Maybe the reality in not the same !

Problem is bringing a complete running motorcycle into Vietnam. I have heard few success stories going into Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom