Making an LED strip for your helmet.

massimo

There are so many little flashy LED lights available in places like Tesco Lotat and Big C it can't be that hard to source what you need to make an LED strip for your helmet.

With zero experience or knowledge I would you need a LED strip, double sided adhesive tape, and the problem, a way to power it. AA Batteries wouldn't be the easiest, but what about flat watch type batteries.

I'd be interested in seeing if I could make such a thing. To look like any of the following:

motorcycle helmet LED lights google images

I have no electrical knowledge, can someone help out in how I would go about setting it up where it doesn't need to be connected to the bike battery or any big battery pack. Thanks.

What ever comes of your quest Massimo, feel free to share the results here. Sounds funny / hilarious but perhaps it could also prove a safety item ?

Ally

^^ Yes, it is only for safety, no other reason. :)

^, thanks, some very cheap ones there that look good. I don't buy things online (and this is more for a little educational project than anything else.) I'll take a look in a large Tesco tomorrow and take a look at the LED lights they have.

The last time I saw a Ninja 650 pass me in the dark all I saw was a small red dot that was getting smaller. For a big bike it seemed to me that a simple red rear light is not enough.
I wanted to check out these lights some bicyclists use, they have small clip-on or bolt-on lights powered by batteries which flash - some are way stronger than the rear light of a big bike!
bicycle lights.jpgbicycle light..jpgbicycle light.jpg

^ I've got one of them, industrial strength, could land a plane. The only thing is that unlike a bicycle there's no place on a motorbike to attach it to on the rear. It has the same attachment as the 2nd last one in that pic.

It also has a belt clip so sometimes I put it on the back of my backpack. One thing I notice is that when I have it on I get about double the amount retards on scooters racing off in front of my doing their weaving dance and lifting their ass to show that they have 'won'. :D

Back
Top Bottom