Iphone/Ipad or Android, what to use for GPS and simple tracking?

brake034

Bikes
Suzuki GD110HU, BMW F650GS
When thinking about a new system to use for navigation and simple tracking I was thinking about a previous post (now gone) of KTMphil about Map Factor.

My current system is a Garmin 60CSx but the screen is quite small and operation a bit cumbersome.
So I thought why not use my Ipad/Iphone system to navigate? One thing is my Ipad does not have a 3G facility....
If I have to use Android I need to buy a new tablet/phone, why not use what I have now?

After some research I found PathAway, any forum member have some experience with it?
PathAway Off-road GPS Navigation, Tracking, and Mapping for iPhone/iPad

For road stuff have a look at the new sygic..

3D road guidance, and buildings all around Chiang Mai.. Lane assist, everything you could think of.

I use Osmand, but found after 1/2 hr or so of operating on top of the tank bag the Tab (Lenovo) overheated and shut down.
Might be better at a GPS type angle but they are ausually a bit too large for that. Also a real GPS is easier to read in the sun.
Tab is good if there are not too many turnings but sometimes with it inside the tankbag I find myself having to stop and check to often.

Back
Top Bottom