G'day from Australia

bigalmorris

Bikes
2008 Yamaha v-star 1300
My name is Alan Morris and live in South Australia on the fringe of the desert. In November 2012, I travelled with 2wheels around Northern Thailand and Laos over 18 days with each of us riding a Honda CRF250L. We had 3,000 trouble free kilometres on bikes I have the greatest respect for.

In Australia, I am Regional Manager for the Northern and Western Region of my government department, responsible for roads in the Outback and around regional towns. This includes 6,600 kms of sealed roads, 10,000 kms of unsealed or dirt roads, and 5,000 kms of roads in the traditional homelands of the Anangu Pitjatjantjara and Yunkutjatjara Aboriginal people of the Central Desert. the areas are remote with distances between some tons and settlements being over 300 kms between the 2.

If you ever want to travel some of the famous tracks I am responsible for, such as the Birdsville Track, the Oodnadatta Track or the Strzlecki Track, you will ned to talk to me as the remoteness and desert heat has been responsible for the deaths of unprepared motor cyclists.

Historically, 2wheels and I met in the desert and had a fabulous time riding and exploring in wonderful country. Always happy to discuss riding

Great to see you on RideAsia mate. :DD
You will, I'm sure, meet many good people here.
I have!

Hey Alan, welcome to RideAsia !

Good to have seen you as the other bloke on the ride with 2wheels through Laos in those sensational reports of your trip.

I wish you seasons greetings & I look forward to your posts here on the forum ;)

Ally

A big warm welcome Alan, it was a real pleasure to meet you in Chiang Mai. I'm glad you had such a good time over here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chrismb Introductions 2
IIRoo Introductions 4
R Introductions 4
Back
Top Bottom