Garmin 62 GPS - USD$ 225.00 at REI online sale

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Bloody cheap for a quality GPS that can share GPS data wireless

Store link:

Garmin GPSMAP 62 GPS - Free Shipping at REI.com

rei garmin 62 s.jpg

Yes, that is cheap but it is the Garmin 62. The other 62 models are a bit more expensive withe 62S at 259.99, the 62ST at 336.99 and the 62STC at 374.99

What is the difference between the units? The units with T in the name will have Topo maps preloaded using up the extra memory. C means Camera and S means Sensors. The ST does not have a camera unless it is labeled STC

Is the "S" worth the extra money?

Yes, that is cheap but it is the Garmin 62. The other 62 models are a bit more expensive withe 62S at 259.99, the 62ST at 336.99 and the 62STC at 374.99

What is the difference between the units? The units with T in the name will have Topo maps preloaded using up the extra memory. C means Camera and S means Sensors. The ST does not have a camera unless it is labeled STC

Other than that the 62S has a tri-axial compass which can be calibrated and therefor is better than the compass in the 62 model, the 62 does not have a slot for MucroSD cards so you are limited to the 1,7 GB memory built in. That is not a problem here with Thailand map needing about 300 MB but if you want to load Europe and/or the USA map which are around 2 GB each, you are out of luck and you will need the S, SC or the SCT model which does have a microSD slot.

No sd card slot is a real dampner. I always carry a spare map on an sd card in case something crazy happens....not having that backup is a real no no.

Other than that the 62S has a tri-axial compass which can be calibrated and therefor is better than the compass in the 62 model, the 62 does not have a slot for MucroSD cards so you are limited to the 1,7 GB memory built in. That is not a problem here with Thailand map needing about 300 MB but if you want to load Europe and/or the USA map which are around 2 GB each, you are out of luck and you will need the S, SC or the SCT model which does have a microSD slot.

works out cheaper than a new screen on the Montana-I'd get one if someone would post it to me

Back
Top Bottom