FLYING AN XT660R FROM EUROPE TO BKK

Algarve Nick

Bikes
Suzuki B-King & Buell Ulysses
Hi there, I am a new member and this is my first point.I am planning a trip to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia with my bike. The first thing I'd like to know is this. Is it possible to fly my bike from somewhere in Europe to BKK with me on the same plane? I have a feeling it is but I'm not sure. Once I've established this I have a few other questions I'd like clarified. Regards, Nick.

Nick - the cargo department of the airline will be able to tell you if you can be on the same plane and try co-ordinate it. Make sure you're on a Thai tourist immigration visa when you clear the bike into Thailand on temporary import, very important.

All you need to know should be in the link below:

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...-mbike-into-thailand-through-bkk-airport.html

& look at the link below for information on border crossings etc.... It would be great to hear about your importing experience through Bangkok airport & your tour here.

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...r-crossings-motorcycle-all-you-need-know.html

Might be, I like that! I was in your restaurant in February this year and in summer 2011. The first time I told you I was in the process of moving from England to Portugal, where I am now, hence my user name. The last time I confirmed I had indeed made the move. You may remember I said I had a Buell Ulysses following writing off a 950 Adventure.

Might be, I like that! I was in your restaurant in February this year and in summer 2011. The first time I told you I was in the process of moving from England to Portugal, where I am now, hence my user name. The last time I confirmed I had indeed made the move. You may remember I said I had a Buell Ulysses following writing off a 950 Adventure.

I remember now

Well anyway, thanks for the links. I'm actually coming over on Monday, 14th of this month, backpacking and I'll be in CM by the end of the week. I'll pop into your place and have a plate of your excellent fish & chips.

The more I think about trying to temporarily import a bike into BKK via the airport, the more it concerns me that me on a British passport with a bike on Portuguese plates would cause problems. I wonder.

The more I think about trying to temporarily import a bike into BKK via the airport, the more it concerns me that me on a British passport with a bike on Portuguese plates would cause problems. I wonder.

As long as you have the registration in your name and original documents it shouldn't be a problem.

Phil, I'm back in Portugal now but I am pushing ahead re: retirement visa if I can do 6 months/6 months Chiang Mai/Portugal. Thanks for putting me on to the possibility of the Honda CB500X. I went to look at one and I'm sold on the idea. I'll get one as soon as I'm settled. See you again and good look with the HU bash. Yours, Nick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lone Rider General Discussion 5
KTMphil General Discussion 0
Back
Top Bottom