Easy dirt trails up DST with Justin on the smokey 2 stroker

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Easy dirt trails up DST with Justin on the KTM 525 EXC smokey 2 stroker

Justin had been having some problems after the engine rebuild on his KTM 525 EXC with it burning oil, so we decided to go give it a test run today and take a tow rope.

The fact we may have run into mechanical problems and we wanted an easy day, we took the fire/truck roads in the Doi Suthep area:

View attachment 911

Heading north on R 121/ Canal Rd., towards the trails area, Justin pulled a wheelie and plumes of blue smoke bellowed out of his exhaust, indicating that there was still a problem, everything pointing to piston ring issues.

Getting to the trail area, Justin with a huge smile near the mud puddles
5862860498_44ac8bc6f0_b.jpg

Dirt twisties coming
5862311603_b754a3d140_b.jpg

Quick stop at the coffee shop in the village at the top of Doi Suthep. Didn't look like there was any electricity up there, as there were no cold drinks or ice.
5862313295_a906c73f5b_b.jpg

Contemplating which way down
5862865904_e1e0bf860b_b.jpg

Nice hill tribe lady happy to pose for a photo
5862318755_b329d1b90d_b.jpg

The DRZ didn't miss a beat
5862322203_87b5d1b5df_b.jpg

Justin KTM 525 EXC - very sexy looking bike
5862874532_6b82aaea90_b.jpg

Remains of the single track trails
5862325799_908026a021_b.jpg

On the way down the tarmac twisties, Justin could feel his front tire wasn't right. We stopped and checked it. This was the 2nd trip out with his new Tubliss inner tube system and he has been having some problems (fitting-the-nuetech-tubeliss-tire-system-first-time-t454.html) getting the front tile to seal on the bead (the same as a tubeless tire set up). Tire pressure gauge showed zero on the front tire, a few pumps and we were up and off again.

5862878018_8c6ea7ece8_b.jpg

Really good few hours out with no drama's!

Re: Easy dirt trails up DST with Justin on the smokey 2 stro

Nice pictures. I must have just missed you - I did almost the exact same track today two-up and just got back. Did Huay Tung Thao Reservoir to Chang Kian on truck roads and down the tarmac but also stopped for a bit up on that little road that takes you to the summit of Doi Pui.

We rode two-up on the XR... A bit :shock: every time I hit a slick clay section.

Good to hear the bike's ok.

Phil, I thought you were going to put your SM wheels on and stay off the dirt for a while? :D

BarryBBQ said:
Phil, I thought you were going to put your SM wheels on and stay off the dirt for a while? :D

.....one more drama & the dirt wheels will be coming off for sure, until the rain stops.

Please don't stop Phil, I'm so much, as I believe others are too, enjoying your shenanigans & hijinx throughout the mud & dirt.
Look at it this way, the more experience you get, the better prepeared you are for the next time, you're getting fitter & having fun.

Pounce said:
Please don't stop Phil, I'm so much, as I believe others are too, enjoying your shenanigans & hijinx throughout the mud & dirt.
Look at it this way, the more experience you get, the better prepeared you are for the next time, you're getting fitter & having fun.

Lost 2kg this week, the DRZ being upside down off the side of single track is better than the gym.

missing the dramas already :(

missing the dramas already :(

No towing last trail trip Johnny things are on the up and up!

Yep nice relaxing day. KTM not 100% but just nice to ride a bit and not break out tow ropes. PomoBro sorry we did not cross paths on the hill that day. We keep missing each other. Course hopefully your company smelled better than Phil and I.

Back
Top Bottom