Dirt Ducati

Why does the right hand side pannier need to be smaller? The exhaust is underslung. Prices are too high as well. There are better options. Kriega, for example.

I think it will go very nicley ,,, my 120bhp S4 blow my socks off but my old monster 750 with only 65 hp is just as much fun

I think this bike would be a great weekend bike for me if it takes my Kriega bags. When the bikes are in the showroom I'll be taking by bags and the attaching straps and trying out the permutations. I may also consider the Kriega tank bag adapter too.

I know there are other bikes with much better luggage options but this bike has a styling and fun factor that appeals.

Yep, having the choice of which colour you want your nipples doesn't come cheap!

Faba tubeless spoked wheels are cheaper than Alpina for other Ducatis. Wouldnt be surprised if Faba make a set for the Scrambler.
But yeah, you dont need them and the stock mags will be lighter than any wire spoked wheel.
Just depends if you really like the wire spoke look and want the convenience/slight weight saving of running no tubes.

After experiencing a rear puncture on my old KTM Adventure 950 in 2005, I wouldn't buy a bike that didn't have tubeless tyres. I'm no off-roader. I'd fall off in ten minutes.

"It doesn't like the dirt"

Decide for yourself...

[video=youtube_share;MGZq9M9yPFs]http://youtu.be/MGZq9M9yPFs[/video]

If you have 18 minutes to spare take a look at this rather boring collection of publicity shots by Ducati shot in Palm Springs. Give a good idea of how the bike runs.

[video=youtube_share;9nchYmOfTT8]http://youtu.be/9nchYmOfTT8[/video]

Something to get your juices flowing...

As usual Motogeo have put together a great looking review. Jamie seems very enthusiastic on both the bike and the lifestyle built around :ride:

[video=youtube_share;bOsLG-blzVQ]http://youtu.be/bOsLG-blzVQ[/video]

Yep, he certainly seems to like it. It also seems good off road. Better than I am. Looking at the handlebars convinces me more than ever I want the Full Throttle.

seeing how well my old S4 monster goes off road a in thailand on trails and mountains , i think the scrambler will be superb all rounder

Had a short Ducati Scrambler (Icon) test ride the other day and the bike is smallish in size must say...

The custom HM-Crossa might be an option for yours truly but still waiting for the new official Honda AT / TA bike 2015 production model introduction....

Have been reading the https://www.facebook.com/Scramblerducatithailand page.

One Thai guy has ordered an Icon from Ducati Vibhavadi and has been told he will receive his bike at the end of March. Another guy was asking about test rides, he was told bikes will be available for testing at the beginning of March.

N.B.
If you are in these towns, CM included Nick, during the following dates you will get the chance to see ALL four models.

image.jpg

Thanks, Craig. I am flying to BKK on Wednesday and going up to CM on Monday night, so I'll definitely be in CM these dates. I only hope I don't dwarf the bike. I shouldn't as my torso is disproportionately long, so my legs are more like someone of 5ft10 and a half. Hope to make the move to the area later in the year (8 months Thailand, 4 months Portugal).

Thanks, Craig. I am flying to BKK on Wednesday and going up to CM on Monday night, so I'll definitely be in CM these dates. I only hope I don't dwarf the bike. I shouldn't as my torso is disproportionately long, so my legs are more like someone of 5ft10 and a half. Hope to make the move to the area later in the year (8 months Thailand, 4 months Portugal).

I'll be riding in Kanchanaburi next weekend, Friday to Sunday, but in BKK the rest of the time, let you know if you want to hook up in the centre of town.

Ducati Scrambler joined the three most important italian Customizers: Officine Mermaid, Deus Ex Machina Italy and Mr Martini. They were given a clear brief: each one of them was free to interpret one of the three versions of the Ducati Scrambler according to their own personal style, the Urban Enduro, the Full Throttle and the Classic.

Here's the result: what do you think?

image.jpg

The Officine Mermaid bike is how I envisage a 'scrambler'

image.jpg

image.jpg

Finance and insurance details:
DUCATI Scrambler รุ่น Icon Ducati Red
ราคาเงินสด 369,900 บาท
หรือจัดไฟแนนซ์ดาวน์ 73,980 บาท
ผ่อน 7,396 บาท x 48 เดือน
จดทะเบียน 3,500 บาท
ประกันภัยชั่นหนึ่ง 18,690 บาท

3,500 is the registration charge, 18,690, first class insurance.

Ducati Scrambler joined the three most important italian Customizers: Officine Mermaid, Deus Ex Machina Italy and Mr Martini. They were given a clear brief: each one of them was free to interpret one of the three versions of the Ducati Scrambler according to their own personal style, the Urban Enduro, the Full Throttle and the Classic.

Here's the result: what do you think?

View attachment 34907

The Officine Mermaid bike is how I envisage a 'scrambler'

View attachment 34908

View attachment 34909

Italians rule .....heheh :giving:

Back
Top Bottom