Dirt Ducati

I have been told by Ducati today via the official Scrambler FB page that a high seat option will be available as an accessory for the bikes. Good news for those of us concerned about the low 790mm seat height.

I have been told by Ducati today via the official Scrambler FB page that a high seat option will be available as an accessory for the bikes. Good news for those of us concerned about the low 790mm seat height.

I note in the Ducati specs the standard seat height is 790mm, with a lower option of 770mm.
So, now they're also offering a higher (than 790mm) option ?

Anyway, upholstery isnt rocket science so you can always get foam added locally, as long as it doesnt detract from the looks of the bike too much.
My GT1000 stock seat height is 810mm. At 6' I wouldnt mind another 20mm seat to peg distance.

I note in the Ducati specs the standard seat height is 790mm, with a lower option of 770mm.
So, now they're also offering a higher (than 790mm) option ?

Anyway, upholstery isnt rocket science so you can always get foam added locally, as long as it doesnt detract from the looks of the bike too much.
My GT1000 stock seat height is 810mm. At 6' I wouldnt mind another 20mm seat to peg distance.

Not yet. They posted that a high seat option will be available. When I replied that only standard seats are shown on the Accessories page, they replied that it's coming.

If you take a look at this video on Vimeo posted by Ducati there's a few things you can make out that aren't on their website currently. At 00.06 in the far right of the frame there even appears to be a grey tank.

More detailed info and video on the new scrambler, latest is it should be available from March next year according to Motorcyclist Online.

2015 Ducati Scrambler | FIRST LOOK

mcy0115_scram-048.jpg

That video has been on the web for a while now Bob.

Regarding dates: official Thai prices to be revealed at the Moto Expo BKK, end of the month, beginning of production (in Italy) start of December. There was talk that journalists would be receiving test models in December too but I haven't seen that officially confirmed anyway.

That video has been on the web for a while now Bob.

Regarding dates: official Thai prices to be revealed at the Moto Expo BKK, end of the month, beginning of production (in Italy) start of December. There was talk that journalists would be receiving test models in December too but I haven't seen that officially confirmed anyway.

Oh well I guess old news is better than no news :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forum Runner

'old man'..this guy looks in his 40s' Craig..but even 50s'.. so(?) what is age?I 'been seating on a bike since I was 9,and prob will be if I get to 90!

It's me at the Scrambler launch party earlier this month! :vee:

Tubeless Wheels that retain the wire spoked look.

Alpina are onto it. Has the option of twin front dics too

alpina scrambler wheel.jpg
scrambleralpina.jpg

Dont know the price, but the Alpina Tubeless Wheelset for the Sport Classics run ~Euro1400 if you import direct from Italy, VAT exempt. In the States they cost USD2500. That doesnt include shipping and tax this end.

Obvious advantage is plug and go puncture repairs. Handy on a bike with no centerstand, not to mention trying to break the bead on the side of the road to fix an inner tube.

The non adjustable suspension could use some $$$ too I suspect.

Thanks for this info. By the time these bikes hit the showrooms around March I'm sure a few other third-party manufacturers will have brought out useful options for the Scrambler.

Think these wheels look cool too! :MJ

Nice but pricey for a set of wheels. I can't wait to see this bike in the Chiang Mai showroom in May (if they get it then).

Nice but pricey for a set of wheels. I can't wait to see this bike in the Chiang Mai showroom in May (if they get it then).

If you want tubeless, the easy option would be order the bike with the cast wheels, and first off get the ergo's/suspension/luggage system sorted. Then if you really want the wire spoke look, spring for the Alpinas later down the track.

Agree with that, bill. Personally, I'd always go for tubeless as I don't do more than dirt tracks. Not real off-road. As for road riding, anyone on here had a blow-out on tubed tyres. I had a rear wheel puncture on the A1 just north of London a few years ago on a KTM 950 Adventure. I'm glad I wasn't going fast, otherwise I'd have been off.

Good on the lad. So many 'real' motorcyclists, especially in England where envy rules (by the way, I'm English) will pour scorn on Beckham and say he's just another rich boy playing around on a bike. I say, crack on, David. Enjoy yourself, but next time do it on a Ducati Scrambler!

Good on the lad. So many 'real' motorcyclists, especially in England where envy rules (by the way, I'm English) will pour scorn on Beckham and say he's just another rich boy playing around on a bike. I say, crack on, David. Enjoy yourself, but next time do it on a Ducati Scrambler!

I'm English too. He's handsome, rich, retired with enough life to enjoy himself, has a family - in England that's cause to really dislike someone, like you say, envy. I'll watch the show if I get a chance!

Taking a long hard look at the Triumph Scrambler now that it looks like Triumph will announce lower prices at this weekend's Moto. Somehow it's just not doing it for me. Maybe I now understand Ducati's 'Post Heritage' moniker as opposed to Triumph's plain retro look.

Is that lower prices for the Scrambler in Thailand, Craig? If so, I'd be interested in knowing what they are. Priced the same as the Ducati Scrambler, they'd sell well, as people like the retro looks. I do, but I hate the rear mudguard. And then there's the weight of them.

I think it's the Ducati for me.

Is that lower prices for the Scrambler in Thailand, Craig? If so, I'd be interested in knowing what they are. Priced the same as the Ducati Scrambler, they'd sell well, as people like the retro looks. I do, but I hate the rear mudguard. And then there's the weight of them.

I think it's the Ducati for me.

Yes. I've read rumours that the price drop will be announced at the Impact Motor show in BKK this weekend. This was based on something that came from the Britbike FB page. Phil posted this a few days ago in a thread on the subject:

"Tu from Britbike Triumph says most of their models from 24th December, 2014 (when the official price announcement will be made) will be priced in a range of 400,000 Bht to 550,000 Bht."

Interesting. At around 750,000 THB, the Scrambler was ridiculously high. Can you imagine, though, if you'd bought one at that price and then the prices dropping?

No logic in that price list at all. Why does a colour make a difference for the two base bikes? Of the 3 most expensive ones, surely the Full Throttle is the best value. It's the best equipped with the expensive exhaust. In my opinion, it looks the best of the 5 too. I'll take that one!

No logic in that price list at all. Why does a colour make a difference for the two base bikes? Of the 3 most expensive ones, surely the Full Throttle is the best value. It's the best equipped with the expensive exhaust. In my opinion, it looks the best of the 5 too. I'll take that one!

The yellow Icon is more expensive than the red in the US too. 'Best equipped' is a subjective term. The Urban Enduro has the most useful add ons for me. Differences are mainly cosmetic.

Here's a less scrambled (pun intended) price list.

8b3c98185359817ebcee63d63796e757_zpsff72d78d.jpg

Best equipped is subjective in some respects, but I think there is an objectivity to exhausts. I wonder how the bikes pull low down. Here the Triumph might have a significant advantage. On the other hand, the Ducati has a wet weight 37.5 kg lighter. That's significant. I don't suppose Ducati Thailand will be offering test rides.

The best deal is the base model in red, for sure. 1,000 GBP difference from the priciest three. A pair of Renthals on it to get rid of the high handlebars and I'd be tempted.

Best equipped is subjective in some respects, but I think there is an objectivity to exhausts. I wonder how the bikes pull low down. Here the Triumph might have a significant advantage. On the other hand, the Ducati has a wet weight 37.5 kg lighter. That's significant. I don't suppose Ducati Thailand will be offering test rides.

But take a look at the new price for the Triumph Scrambler, it's still 215K more than the Ducati. Don't understand why. Is it not manufactured in Thailand, therefore not subject to the same tax breaks? Would be interested to know why.

Still along wait until the Ducati hits the showrooms.

So much difference, Craig. No competition then. It's a Duke for me. I'm over in mid-January for 2 months but too soon to see one probably. Still, when I make my move later in 2015, they should be selling well. Too well maybe.

Bikes ready for the press test rides in Palm Springs, USA, over the next few days. Not long to wait now to discover how the Scrambler rides.

c6e5d59f33dfbe5c86bf22f7df7e092c_zps08a7bc9e.jpg

Photo from FB.

This is getting exciting. I hope they have pretty good low-down grunt. I'll be disappointed if I read it's a really revvy motor.

Quote from article:
Ducati Scrambler isn't a motorcycle that will blow your socks off, and make grins ear-to-ear, like say…a Ducati Hypermotard can do.

Quote from article:
Ducati Scrambler isn’t a motorcycle that will blow your socks off, and make grins ear-to-ear, like say…a Ducati Hypermotard can do.

Not fun and may cause a tall rider fatigue. Yeah, underwhelming at best.

I think it sounds alright. No one with big bike experience is going to expect it to go like a 1200/1300 V-twin, but it sounds punchy enough.

The tester said he is 6ft 2. Most people are shorter, so they'll fit the bike fine. A slight worry is the build quality. Things going wrong with the test fleet and they were all made in Bologna. God knows what problems the Thai made bikes will have.

I still want one, though. And it's still the Full Throttle. I really don't like the high bars.

Back
Top Bottom