T2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 421
  • T3.png
    T3.png
    403.7 KB · Views: 915
Short video from are Revzilla.

[video=youtube_share;kMUiK7cufP4]http://youtu.be/kMUiK7cufP4[/video]

Have a feeling this bike is going to be too short for me :rage:

Marcus Moto Design is a one man company that designs and fabricates concept motorcycles... F1 TRACKER = http://www.marcusmotodesign.com

Attachments

• F1-Tracker-concept-Marcus-Moto-Design-1.jpg
    F1-Tracker-concept-Marcus-Moto-Design-1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 2,468
  • F1-Tracker-concept-Marcus-Moto-Design-2.jpg
    F1-Tracker-concept-Marcus-Moto-Design-2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 1,176
DUCATI TT 1000 Scrambler
Project By: Taky Garage

Substitution tank with a hand made in fiberglass to be mounted on a Monste (version endurance, will follow a version to drop with lower dimensions)
Fuel tank cap style Monza clip from a Ducati 450
Implementation support frame for installation and modification twin shock rear tail
Installing double rear shock absorber adjustable in separate tank OHLINS
Saddle leather craft made by hand ultra lightweight
Ducati Performace Exhaust by Termignoni (from a Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition)
swingarm derived from a Sport Classic 1000 biposto
Painting the crankcase side and other details in black powder, black anodizing of aluminum forks other particular
Tables port number in aluminum side panels and custom made by hand
License plate and knobs brown Aries original
Spoke wheels chromed Ducati Sport Classic series
Continental Tyres approved tessellated TCK80
Front forks fully adjustable from a Ducati 1198, sheaths black anodized magazines internally for mixed-use off-road (waiting for a transplant from Hypermotard)
Plates Steering polished
Braking system Brembo Serie Oro with radial brake and clutch pumps semiradiali Brembo
Runways replaced and adapted to guide a "Scambler" from a Ducati Hypermotard and powder coated
Parasteli fork handmade in aluminum
Grid handcrafted lighthouse
Paramotor aluminum anchor with removable engine
Yellow lamp style endurance
Ducati Performance pressure plate, clutch cover and gold-colored aluminum anodized downloaded at hand
Lithium Battery plus
Custom paint with lettering and colors drawn from the Pantone era recall Ducati sport classic
Fondini Bianchi instrumentation with custom graphics
Fenders handmade
Raised Handlebar with crossbar union and bumpers
remapped ECU and air filter plus a bench and opened Ducati Performance

Attachments

• Scrambler-04.jpg
    Scrambler-04.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Scrambler-06.jpg
    Scrambler-06.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Scrambler-10.jpg
    Scrambler-10.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 430
  • Scrambler-12.jpg
    Scrambler-12.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 414
  • Scrambler-13.jpg
    Scrambler-13.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,598
Dirtcati
Project By: Ducati Bellevue / www.ducatibellevue.com

The Dirtcati. Part Hypermotard mixed with some Monster 1000S and Sport Classic parts with off-roads bits complete this DualSport 1000 we wish Ducati would built. Details:

Hypermotard 1100 frame & fuel tank
Desmodue Dual Spark 992cc engine from a Monster 1000S
Monster 1000S rear swingarm
Sport Classic front and read hubs laced to 18" rear and 19" front rims

In respect to Desert Sleds of the past, the Dirtcati is perfect for those long days on Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon high desert roads.

Attachments

• Dirtcati-00.jpg
    Dirtcati-00.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 835
  • Dirtcati-02.jpg
    Dirtcati-02.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 842
  • Dirtcati-03.jpg
    Dirtcati-03.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,232
  • Dirtcati-04.jpg
    Dirtcati-04.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 846
  • Dirtcati-05.jpg
    Dirtcati-05.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 826
Ducati XR900 Bevel Drive Street Tracker
Project By: Peter Koren / Originally post on thekneeslider.com

Peter Koren, a Ducati enthusiast from the UK, found a 1978 Ducati 900GTS as a parts bike for his 750GT and 900SS. Looking a bit more at the old GTS, it wasn't as bad as he thought so instead of using the pieces he figured, "Why not fix it up?" It was past the restoration stage and he always liked the look of the Harley Davidson XR750 so maybe a flat tracker type conversion would look good. The result is the XR900 you see here and I think it's really sweet.

He reversed the fork to get the caliper behind the tubes to clean up the front. The tank is aluminum which he formed himself. He made the exhaust from old headers he had lying around. His Dad designed the graphics and his son helped paint and the whole bike looks like it came from the Ducati factory, which was exactly as Peter intended.

Attachments

• XR90000.jpg
    XR90000.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 817
  • XR90003.jpg
    XR90003.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 795
  • XR90004.jpg
    XR90004.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 797
  • XR90005.jpg
    XR90005.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 791
Multi Scrambler
JVB-Moto (info@jvb-moto.com)

This bike is the prototype for the scrambler. It is a project based on a Ducati Multistrada and built in 2006 for the german magazine Fighters Magazin.

Attachments

• scrambler.jpg
    scrambler.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 922
  • scrambler4.jpg
    scrambler4.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,502
Ducati Tracker
Project By: Desiderátum (desideratumBJ@gmail.com)

Alex and Esteban, the two brothers from Spain behind Desiderátum, designed this beautiful Ducati Street Tracker

Attachments

• Desideratum-01.jpg
    Desideratum-01.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Desideratum-02.jpg
    Desideratum-02.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 422
  • Desideratum-03.jpg
    Desideratum-03.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 871
  • Desideratum-06.jpg
    Desideratum-06.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 415
From the Scrambler Ducati FB page

0f8bc04fba64dffb3af224450549408d_zps795817a3.jpg

One of my Kriega US20's or even my US30 may fit on the tank. With the Kriega 30L backpack that's 50-60L of fully waterproof luggage.

From the DS FB page:

The Land of Joy is coming to Thailand!

Thai friends, who’s looking forward to seeing the new Ducati Scramblers? The wait is almost over!

The Scrambler Launch Party in Thailand will be on November 9th, from 12:00 to 20:00 (SE Asian Time) at CentralWorld Square – 4,4/1 -2,4/4 Ratchadamri Rd, Pathumwan – in Bangkok!

Will you join the Land of Joy in Thailand?

imag.jpg

Part of the Look At Life series:

[video=youtube_share;bY2jvzAWR2k]http://youtu.be/bY2jvzAWR2k[/video]

The crippled bike salesman personal bike is a classic!

Thanks so much for that nostalgic video, CraigBKK. I remember watching scrambling on Grandstand on Saturday afternoons. The only type of motorcycling racing I like. Love the protective green sweaters in that video!

Craig, the packs on the side of the Scrambler like throwovers. Are they Ducati stuff?

Yes Nick, Ducati appear to not only be over-hyping the bike, but also a complete lifestyle built around in, including accessories and apparel. Their slogan, 'The Land of Joy' sounds too much like the TAT's moniker for Thailand, 'The Land of Smile'; and we all know what a crock that is!

96780421A_zps9d4bf2be.jpg

96780431A_zpscd8e207a.jpg

From the DS website regarding the Enduro bags: "Urban Enduro waterproof side bags set. Rugged and versatile, the Urban Enduro side bags are ideal for daily use. Thanks to a total loading capacity and waterproof materials, they are also the ideal companion for medium-distance trips. The set includes a steel mounting subframe."

So there is some form of mounting bracket, which could possibly be used with other bags.

I'll be visiting the bike's launch in Thailand this Sunday evening in Bangkok. I'll shoot some pics and a video with my new Hero 4. Off riding to Kanchanaburi later today to try it out!

With a high slung exhaust

View attachment 32191

Cant imagine there would be much clearance between rider and exhaust.

In general, they appear to be a small bike. Might be a bit cramped in the footpeg to seat department for tall riders ?
If they were taken offroad, like firetrails etc, is there an option for a center stand to aid puncture repairs. Cast tubeless wheels are easy to plug but spokes are better for absorbing bumps. Spoke version not tubeless though I expect.
Front guard looks useless on most versions. Looks good, but useless.
It will probably be sprung for a 65kg rider, and no comp/rebound adj. Suspension upgrade required unless just riding around town.
For stop/go city use, I expect they'll run hot as buggery in this climate. ie, a heavily leaned down ECU setting to pass local emmissions requirements, and of course its air cooled.
Realistically, looks like a nice bike for cruisey trips on bitumen in good weather, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Great post. Thanks. I hope the steel mounting bracket is discrete. The last thing this bike needs is a Touratech type mounting frame. Something akin to the Triumph Scrambler's would be appropriate, but I'm sure Ducati know what they're doing. Looking forward to your next pics. Regarding your comment about the bike being sprung for 65 kg riders. More like 75 kg, I'd have thought.

A very good analysis of the bike, bill. I am also a bit worried re how hot the engine will run at in town. But you see Buells here and there, and I run a Ulysses in a hot country (in summer) with no overheating issues. I plan on moving over next year, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai (I am a frequent visitor to the area), and the Scrambler is the bike I'd want, but I'll be researching it for a while first. I have a built-in mistrust of Ducatis, despite the fact I've got a Buell.

Thanks, Craig. And you'll have to tell us what they're like to ride.

No joy with the size of the bags Nick. The website states the rear seat bag is 20L. Below the seat at the rear is a tubular bar that I will be able to tie the fastening straps for my Kriega US Dry bags. Not cheap but good waterproof bags. They can also double up as a tank bag.

Just got back from the launch party. Lots of pics and video to sort through and post, although all the pics of me sitting on the bikes are rubbish (GF can't take a photo to save her life!)

Sat on the Urban Enduro, Icon and Classic (not interested in the Full Throttle). Compact/small bikes but felt comfortable to sit on. I'm 180cm / 6'. Couldn't stand up on the pegs as the bikes were only on their side stands, but the handle bars are high so shouldn't feel awkward.

Asked about Thai prices, told not yet released. Should be released at the end of the month. No accessories to see, just some T-shirts to buy.

image.jpg

Still looks like a good choice of bike for me to explore the provinces around BKK at the weekends.

Thanks for the information.

The prices for the bikes should be about the same as in Britain as there will be no import duty to pay seeing the bikes are made in Thailand. I may get Kriega luggage too. It can be transferred between machines and is top quality.

The prices for the bikes should be about the same as in Britain as there will be no import duty to pay seeing the bikes are made in Thailand. I may get Kriega luggage too. It can be transferred between machines and is top quality.

Take a look at p.2 of this thread, Bob posted some prices. These look ballpark figures, although we won't know for sure until Ducati officially release them.

Thanks, that was what I was basing my answer on. At these prices the Scrambler is going to really sell in Thailand. Compare those prices to the huge 750,000 THB for a Triumph Scrambler, a slower, overweight waste of money.

The prices for the bikes should be about the same as in Britain as there will be no import duty to pay seeing the bikes are made in Thailand.

Then they should be cheaper here than in the UK

A Honda MSX 125 costs about 140,000 Baht in the UK, CB500F 250,000 Baht, CB 500X 275,000, CRF 250 M 215,000 Baht.
All more expensive over in the UK

Thanks, that was what I was basing my answer on. At these prices the Scrambler is going to really sell in Thailand. Compare those prices to the huge 750,000 THB for a Triumph Scrambler, a slower, overweight waste of money.

Yes Triumph need to take a long hard look at their prices in Thailand. The 800XC has had some nice new changes but at current prices BMW's 800 is going to steal every sale.

Yes Triumph need to take a long hard look at their prices in Thailand. The 800XC has had some nice new changes but at current prices BMW's 800 is going to steal every sale.

It's as we had discussed in another thread a few months ago...many of these companies have their own pricing policy and are not necessarily passing the "savings" onto the customer but rather try and keep the market pricing up to exploit the cashcow as long as possible. BMW has lowered some prices but could introduce better pricing yet across the board, similar situation with Ducati...we will see even better prices for most new bikes by next year.

IMO...firms like Triumph should be punished for exploiting the "old" market pricing nowdays...people should stop buying entirely. Besides, their bikes are hardly anything original or in front technologically so...

I closed with Ducati for good a few years ago when they failed to make the assholes in Thonglor do the right thing...their policies are up to them as they made it clear, buying where the customer is treated properly is up to himself...so...I boycotted Ducati and will keep doing so for the rest of my life because it is too easy to shit on people when you're back on top and forget these same people stood by and supported the company when it was down and are who brought it back up...as the Germans so well say "Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall" or loosly translated "arrogance comes before the fall" ... and fall again they will with their present philosophy. As far as I'm concerned Ducati is dead ...

I don't care if it's regarded as a poser's bike, I will be buying it for the type of bike it is. As long as it feels right when I sit on it in a showroom. I wonder when Ducati Chiang Mai will be getting some in. I am over in mid-January and will be in Chiang Mai from about the 20th for at least a fortnight.

I don't care if it's regarded as a poser's bike, I will be buying it for the type of bike it is. As long as it feels right when I sit on it in a showroom. I wonder when Ducati Chiang Mai will be getting some in. I am over in mid-January and will be in Chiang Mai from about the 20th for at least a fortnight.

Ducati winning this title is nothing new too (seems to be an Italian bike manufacturer's right!)

MOST BEAUTIFUL ROLL OF HONOUR

• 2005 MV Agusta Brutale 910 R
  • 2006 Ducati 1098
  • 2007 MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
  • 2008 Ducati Streetfighter
  • 2009 Ducati Multistrada 1200
  • 2010 MV Agusta F3
  • 2011 Ducati 1199 Panigale
  • 2012 MV Agusta Rivale 800
  • 2013 Ducati Monster 1200S
  • 2014 Ducati Scrambler

Ducati winning this title is nothing new too (seems to be an Italian bike manufacturer's right!)

MOST BEAUTIFUL ROLL OF HONOUR

• 2005 MV Agusta Brutale 910 R
  • 2006 Ducati 1098
  • 2007 MV Agusta Brutale 1078RR
  • 2008 Ducati Streetfighter
  • 2009 Ducati Multistrada 1200
  • 2010 MV Agusta F3
  • 2011 Ducati 1199 Panigale
  • 2012 MV Agusta Rivale 800
  • 2013 Ducati Monster 1200S
  • 2014 Ducati Scrambler

Ci sono tutto il cuore e tutta la passione quando disegniamo una moto o una macchina...it's only logic that these titles go to the Italians with some rare exceptions like Aston Martin...Jaguar E...

In Europe, Hell is where the mechanics are French, police German, cooks British, lovers Swiss and is organised by Italians...Heaven is where the mechanics are German, Police is British, Cooks are French, lovers are Italians and is organised by the Swiss.

Who else but a bad organiser yet great lover would you want to design the esthetics of your ride? And as an exception...some blood left behind by the romans must have survived and is still alive as the Volante proves...

Back
Top Bottom