Couple of track suggestions for you off road guys

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
Having been to a couple of spots where I have thought "do you think I could join up this track with that road", I have been on the wrong bike and to be honest out of my depth.

1 - Mae Thea

The road towards the waterfall has a track up to the right at the main entrance. It's a cabbage truck route and does go on through to towards the 105 area.

dsc_1593b.jpg

dsc_1593a.jpg

See a bit more here ... ( That was before I found gps!)

2 - Mae Wang National Park - towards Doi Inthanon
Approached from 1013 or the 108, this National Park is vast.

thumbs__DSC5109.JPG

This road eventually brings you to a river crossing...
thumbs__DSC5118.JPG

Here is where you end up.
thumbs__DSC5127.JPG

on the map it shows a track but on the same side, that just cannot be true - the natural course of the track leading here points straight over this river.
thumbs__DSC5128.JPG

You can see the gps, get the gdb and see what I am on about here...

3 - Out the back of MaeOn
Coming down the 1230 from Haui Kaeo end you get to the park & walk waterfall 'attraction' just before the bridge and you have a left turn.
dsc_0960.jpg

The road goes on a bit but peters out into wild track. It must !! It must !!! link up with something beyond to the north.
dsc_0952.jpg

Back on the 1230 travelling south, there is another left turn.
dsc_0913.jpg

It dissapointingly ends (for me) here, I walked on a bit and it gets pretty tricky going up into the forest.
dsc_0924.jpg

I am convinced this one connects somehow to the Haui Kaeo through Chaeson road, just after one of those lovely river crossings in the middle of the park.

You can also see more pics & grab the gdb here ...

Why am I posting these, with no intention of doing them myself, 'cos I would love to know what they are like but too much of a whuss to do it! :RE

Hope some finds them of use.

Ally

After poking around on R 3037 last week, north east of Fang, that links R 1089 to R 118, there's some trails east of R 3037 that look interesting and go through. Auke has them mapped so they've been done, looks interesting.

1089 to 118 east of 3037.jpg

There are two tracks off the 1230 that I mapped last year to the end of the sealed surface and hope to explore them further off road this trip Ally, one of them was the Ban Kuntien turning and the other one was just along from it. It looks like you are wondering about the same ones, perhaps we should try them together sometime once the KLX is run in

Back
Top Bottom