Mae Wang - Bo Keo Single Track ride Saturday 29 July

esspressolungo

Bikes
Honda XR 250
What a ride! Finally I got my XR 600 back and was hungry to go out riding again. Unfortunately the rear shock seemed to be to soft for my liking after the repair, a few more adjustments and we were ready to leave. The bike was still a little wobbly but after riding it for a while I got used to it. George's new carb, did magic to his bike, I've never seen a XR 250 that fast, wow very impressive. I have a XR 250 myself, but George's looks like a piece of junk but pulls like a tractor. I had trouble keeping up with him. The XR 600 felt a little heavy. First we had a go at "Death Valley" before we decided to turn around and go straight to Mae Wang. "Death Valley" seems to get worse every time I get there. I was still surprised how easy it was to control the XR 600 on slippery surface, actually it felt easier then the 250.

This time I tried to record the track on my Android GPS, but somehow it stopped in the middle of nowhere, so again no track data. The track from Mae Wang to Bo Keo is probably the longest single track I have ever done, it must be at least 30 or 40 km. Next time I will try again with a record. I think many of you will like this single track. I must admit at some point I got lost and we just continued following our feelings with great success. It is always scary because when it is after 16:00 hrs in the jungle and your still have no civilization in sight. Luckily we managed to get out on the big road between Bo Keo and Samoeng, just before 17:00hrs> Tired, hungry we took the road back to Samoeng, no more time for any single trail.

No Photos today, just the video:

Thanks for taking us out on the ride Rudi. The track looks fun and sure a little slick this time. Nice to see its got some rocky texture and not all slick slimy stuff.

The only track I've done from Mae Wang is a truck dirt road so would love a go on this track next time you boys do it.

Looks like a nice trail in the middle of rainy season Rudi ... will George still be here this Friday coming?

I don't know when or if he's leaving. This track is one of my favorite tracks of all time. Next time I will try it earlier and will try to remember the single track from Bo Keo to Samoeng and then from Samoeng back to Hang Dong. Seems like old staff keeps popping up in my head and I want to try the routes I haven't ridden for some time, I hope I can get the GPS working this time, so we can have a little idea of what we are talking about.

O.k I finally managed to extract the gpx file, so here's the track....
ScreenShot2012-07-29at70849PM.png

How about doing this on Friday for the NOB?

Sent you a PM Ruddi...

Rudi, would it be possible for you to upload the gpx file to this thread... then we can use it in a live map.

If your not sure how it works, just upload it, I will take care of the inserting of it.

Thanks

Ally

Whatever I do it doesn't seem to take the file, tried attachment but didn't upload

GpxViewer

Attachments

• 20120728 ala.gpx
    904.8 KB · Views: 375
Ok, I saved your file down to my computer Rudi, then used the square tree icon to load just the one file and as soon as it uploaded it showed [ ATTACH]7721[ /ATTACH]

I changed that to be

[gpx]7721;9[ /gpx]

And it appears

Ally

Back
Top Bottom