Chiangmai ToyRide March 22 event

Hoghead

Join us for a ride to Phrao, where we will be donating personal items, sports equipment, needed school supplies, books, and of course TOYS, to the 52 children of this Border Police School school. We will also be sponsoring the building of some new hygiene infrastructure and repair to a buildings roof.

The school is located in an easily accessible mountain area. We will ride 107 km from Chiang Mai to the Phrao location, mostly on highway 1001 which is all good paved road. You must be able to ride at normal highway speeds. As with all our events "four wheel vehicles" are also welcome to follow.

Leading into the school is 1.8 km of graded, smooth dirt road. From our past experiences this should not present any problems for our riders regardless of motorcycle type.

We will meet at the main Tesco Lotus, (Kham Thiang), located on the Super Highway on the north side of Chiang Mai. Google Maps

Donations are not required as these give away events are funded by our previous year's main event and further contributions received this year.

We will depart Tesco Lotus at 10:00AM

See you there!

Love to join you Hoghead but laid up with a busted knee! This would be a good day out on the Electra Glide, with a big teddy bear riding pillion!! Is this an annual Toy Ride or do you have others, to other schools? Reckon I'll be back in the saddle in a couple months!

Thanks for the invitation Rob but, as I will be in Laos that day, I won't be able to make it this time. Hopefully when you guys organize the next Toy Ride for this season I will be around and will join in.

I'm hoping to make it .... but ... given my Ride, is it possible to meet you good folks at the destination? I mentioned 'Highway Speeds' and the Tiger 110 just cringed:(

Don't forget the Chiang Mai Toy Ride event tomorrow - leaving Tesco Lotus on the super highway (R11) at 10 am, aim to be there 0945am.

Tesco Lotus location is:

N18.80849

E98.99682

Location in Phrao is still a "surprise".

Coz of the busted knee I'll not be joining this one (I did ask if this is an annual Toy Ride or do you have others but no-one seems to know the answer) but I will try to take some pics of y'all on your way..... so if you see someone snapping away as you ride past the AFM place on the 1001 a few km short of Maejo...... that'll be me!

Coz of the busted knee I'll not be joining this one (I did ask if this is an annual Toy Ride or do you have others but no-one seems to know the answer) but I will try to take some pics of y'all on your way..... so if you see someone snapping away as you ride past the AFM place on the 1001 a few km short of Maejo...... that'll be me!

There was one in Dec 2011 west of Chiang Dao,so i`d say they are a regular occurrence but not on a regular date?

The Toy Riders cometh.........

DSCN0624.jpg

'Oozat? ;)

DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

And, orft they jolly well go! Have a great day folks, wish I was with you. Next time. :p

DSCN0629.jpg

Sorry about the crap pics, it's only a "point 'n' shoot!"

Back
Top Bottom