Chiangmai ToyRide Dec 26 event

Hoghead

The Chiangmai ToyRide is having another give away event on Boxing Day (Dec 26) to the Mae Meh orphan school

The ride will depart the X-Centre in Mae Rim at 10:00 AM and is about 64 km one way. We will turn off of Hwy 107 before Chiang Dao where the construction begins, and follow a paved concrete road which winds through rain forest and a mountain valley approx 14km to the school. There is a 1.1 km of unpaved rutted dirt, but I rode it on my Kawasaki Versys on road tyres and no problem. I could have done it on my Harley with a little care, so do not let this put you off.

While each child will receive a toy, The Chiangmai ToyRide is not just about toys, and at Mae Meh we are doing renovations on the children's dorms, as well as buying needed supplies for both the school and the kids themselves.

For pics and more info on this event, and what the Chiangmai ToyRide is all about, please see our website at www.chiangmaitoyride.com

All types of bikes and Riders are welcome and hope to see you there

Hoghead,

I will not be able to make tomorrows ride but I appreciate and respect the work you and the rest in the Toy Ride committee are doing.

Two questions:
1. When is the next ride planned for -will try to make it for that one!
2. How/where can I contribute to the schools and other places you guys are working with?

I personally think that Hoghead has gotten very little responses to his postings here, come on guys, this is for a good cause and I think that we should all put our personal likes/dislikes and animosities aside and support the efforts that are being made to make the world we live in a better place.

Most sincerely,
Hasse

I have invited Hoghead to come over for a coffee so that we can talk about helping to maximize the fantastic work they are doing.

Hassman said:
Hoghead,

I will not be able to make tomorrows ride but I appreciate and respect the work you and the rest in the Toy Ride committee are doing.

Two questions:
1. When is the next ride planned for -will try to make it for that one!
2. How/where can I contribute to the schools and other places you guys are working with?

I personally think that Hoghead has gotten very little responses to his postings here, come on guys, this is for a good cause and I think that we should all put our personal likes/dislikes and animosities aside and support the efforts that are being made to make the world we live in a better place.

Most sincerely,
Hasse

Hassman said:

Scratch that, just changed the dirt wheels to motard wheels on my still filthy bike since Friday's ride, showing up dirty and filthy is better than not showing up at all.

Hassman

Hasse

Next ride will be our main event Feb 19, where we raise the funds to make this all possible.

We are now soliciting Sponsors and you can contribute either through our website http://www.chiangmaitoyride.com using Paypal, direct deposit for those in Thailand, or drop it off at any of our Sponsors listed on the website one of which is Riders Corner.
As I have said before, the Chiangmai ToyRide is more than toys for kids and we need Sponsors to make it all happen.

Looking forward to seeing you today as the last time we rode was that great ride on 1148 from Nan on my road burning Hog and one of the best rides for a long time

Hoghead and all the other people involved in the Toy Ride; many thanks for a great and educational day!

Chris; Thanks for taking all the photos, too many to post all of them here so I had to pick and choose....

DSCN1424.jpg

Not sure what is wrong with this kids arm but he seemed happy enough so I guess it will be good soon enough...

DSCN1425.jpg

Some of the kids that welcomed us to the school.

DSCN1431.jpg

The girls in traditional clothing.

DSCN1444.jpg

Some of the toys that were brought -makes me want to be a kid again.

DSCN1445.jpg

Some of the kids, I saw the older one of these two always taking care of the little one, it was pretty cute.

DSCN1450.jpg

The kids waiting for their toys

DSCN1461.jpg

The school head master thanking the Toy Ride for the help

DSCN1473.jpg

Girls at the school performing a traditional dance for us

DSCN1494.jpg

Some of the kids watching

DSCN1496.jpg

The younger girls dancing for us

DSCN1526.jpg

The kids getting their snack and toys

DSCN1540.jpg

The kids at the school

DSCN1545.jpg

Sleeping arrangements at the school -these rooms were in process by the help of the Toy Ride funds to be renovated.

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1571.jpg

A happy kid :)

DSCN1574.jpg

The Toy ride riders ready for the tug of war..

DSCN1578.jpg

And the kids we were competing against...

DSCN1579.jpg

The kids beat us!!!

DSCN1582.jpg

And they beat us again!!

DSCN1589.jpg

The finale

For those of you that did not go, please take some time to go on the next one or whenever you are available, the work that the Toy Ride is doing is great and very much needed -this school was (according to Robert and others) not in too dire straits but still the conditions these kids live and learn in are not the greatest...

Cheers,
Hasse

Hey Hass, great report. It was a great day and a real eye opener....Thanks for posting the pics and thanks for letting me go wild with your Camera... :RO

To those who organised the event, sponsored and donated ............. a job well done...

I felt proud to be part of some thing that bought so much happiness to those who have so little..

Have a great new year...

:RO

DSCN1571.jpg

:RO

I don`t have too much more to add..but great day,thanks to the organisers.

I liked this pic of the little girls enjoying their time in the spotlight.

2011-12-2612-13-44Medium.jpg

Fantastic photo's Ally, Chris & Hass - You captured the children beautifully. Chris was explaining the children's dorm. when he got back, it sounds like they found and ideal location that needed assistance.

Congratulations to Robert on organizing another great event.

Great pics and thanks to all that turned out and made the day.

I must say that I am a bit disappointed in the Contractor we hired to renovate the dorms. We were told Dec 25 that all was finished, however when we arrived it was nowhere near finished and still looks like a concentration camp. Needless to say we did not pay the contractor and want the job finished before we do so.
Hopefully this will happen very soon and the kids can have a decent dorm.

I still wonder why they installed new windows then proceeded to block them off by constructing a big closet right in front. I guess that logic is not taught is this school.
In any case once it is finished these orphan kids will have a bit of a better life, and we thank our sponsors and riders for making all this happen.

Hoghead; I think that we all have been here long enough to know that things get finished later rather than sooner here... such is life..
I have no doubts though that you will be following up with the contractor and get them to finish it.

Again my sincere thanks to you and the other volunteers for your time and endless efforts in these projects!

Hasse

Back
Top Bottom