Border Crossings

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
Wang Prajan is where I have always crossed over into Malaysia and is a very easy crossing. There is another one not on your list, the Bukit Bunga crossing around Ayer Lanas that I crossed from Malaysia back to Thailand last trip

EDIT ::: WTF !!!

The post below this, which I was replying to, is posted from the future !!

Thats a great bit of work but..

I would dispute your cambo green dots strongly this year.. My experiences in Poipet and Koh Kong are they demand 'this province only' and try to keep your thai temp export docs to force your return. In fact Poipet in the car was even more of a nightmare with a flat out 'no' and no options for bribery or coercion..

Both times I made it.. But not without significant drama (one case a 50 km high speed chase) and by being more than just forceful or stubborn.

Made this list of border crossings in hope of gathering information of where motorcycles can cross in a way that is easy to overview. Click on the symbol to see remarks. This assumes that you own the motorcyle, it is registered in Thailand and you have the green book.

Please post here if you see anything wrong or know of any crossing not on this list.

Green Dot: Motorcycles can pass.
Red/Green Dot: Motorcycles can pass one way.
Orange Dot: Motorcycles can pass but restrictions apply.
Red Dot: Motorcycles can not pass.
Red Triangle: Locals only.
White Dot: Not a clue.

View Border Crossings

Download GPX File

Wang Prajan is where I have always crossed over into Malaysia and is a very easy crossing. There is another one not on your list, the Bukit Bunga crossing around Ayer Lanas that I crossed from Malaysia back to Thailand last trip

Thanks.

EDIT ::: WTF !!!

The post below this, which I was replying to, is posted from the future !!

Thats a great bit of work but..

I would dispute your cambo green dots strongly this year.. My experiences in Poipet and Koh Kong are they demand 'this province only' and try to keep your thai temp export docs to force your return. In fact Poipet in the car was even more of a nightmare with a flat out 'no' and no options for bribery or coercion..

Both times I made it.. But not without significant drama (one case a 50 km high speed chase) and by being more than just forceful or stubborn.

When did you cross Poi Pet? I crossed earlier this year without issues but I did not bother to stop at Cambodia's customs...

I had the same problem last year at Ban Pakkhad and Ban Laem but it was only temporary.
http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-...requirements/1526-ban-pakkhad-restricted.html

The "status color" relates to motorcycles but I can add no cars to the note.

Thanks for your input.

I got this error yesterday when trying to post. The time stamp for the OP must be corrupt.

error.jpg

When did you cross Poi Pet? I crossed earlier this year without issues but I did not bother to stop at Cambodia's customs...

May or so this year.. They chased us down 20kms into the country.. made us come back top the customs house.. and were simple and sure that there was no way a vehicle was going over.. No bribe, no 'just to siem reap', no sob story about my GF, nothing was accepted..

Then we pretended to leave and just went on in flat out.. they chased us for miles in a camry.. Quite a shocker. Theres no turn off for 45 or so kms until the battambang one.

This was a car but in the office they claimed the same rules applied to bikes.. I showed them entry at stung treng and Koh Kong in my passport and they just flat out didnt want to know. Koh Kong were also a pain in the arse last year around August or so.

May or so this year.. They chased us down 20kms into the country.. made us come back top the customs house.. and were simple and sure that there was no way a vehicle was going over.. No bribe, no 'just to siem reap', no sob story about my GF, nothing was accepted..

Then we pretended to leave and just went on in flat out.. they chased us for miles in a camry.. Quite a shocker. Theres no turn off for 45 or so kms until the battambang one.

This was a car but in the office they claimed the same rules applied to bikes.. I showed them entry at stung treng and Koh Kong in my passport and they just flat out didnt want to know. Koh Kong were also a pain in the arse last year around August or so.

I hope this shit is temporary.

Back
Top Bottom