BMW GS Global ZOOM Party Nov. 1 - Free

DrGMIA

Pit stop after 6th ride around the world, in USA,
Bikes
Oldest 1931, newest 2016, numerous makes and models in between on several continents
Bob’s BMW is sponsoring a virtual global 40th BMW GS Birthday Party November 1, free to those who register.

I have been slated to share “Top Secret GSing” truths, a few “between the lines” secrets from the new book ADVENTURE MOTORCYCLIST: FRAZIER SHRUGGED, and dispel GS myths and fake news:

“3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time – Having Fun With GS’s Since 1981 – presented by Dr. Gregory W. Frazier, world traveler six times around the globe by motorcycle, successful BMW road racer, and a prolific adventure author of numerous motorcycle books and hundreds of magazine articles. NOTE: The original 1981 heavy modified R80G/S known as “Ugly Helga” (see first photo below) that traveled around the world resides at The Vintage BMW Motorcycle Museum in Jessup, MD.”

To join in the fun with myself, Hans Muth (Designer of the G/S motorcycle, mounted oh his prototype GS from 1979, second photo below ), and other BMW GS notables, look under Community and then Events at Genuine BMW Motorcycle Parts | Bob’s BMW
Ugly Helga.jpg
Hans Muth on prototype GS.jpg

'Dr. G'
Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University
Moto-Journalist, author, script consultant and fisherman
Sole sexual survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

Last edited:
Sounds like a good event... but the time is a bit ugly here in Thailand, isn't it? Will it be available on replay?

There is a proposal to record my 30 minute segment and then post it on my YouTube channel:

As for the entire Birthday Party, it's a ?

This is a first for several of us, so an experiment just to get out of the starting gate on Nov. 1

As for the time of day (night), once you are registered you can log in, watch a segment, log out and take a nap and then log back in for a later segment :-)

The photo below is a 1981 R80G/S that is in Bob's BMW Museum that has -0- miles on it and sits next to my Ugly Helga which has well over 200,000 miles and was often put away wet and dirty. One Ugly Helga secret was I never replaced the rod or main bearings wanting to see how long they would last. I suspect both will be on display in the first segment of the Birthday Party.
Bob's GS 2.jpg

'Dr. G'
Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University
Moto-Journalist, author, script consultant and fisherman
Sole sexual survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom