BMW F650 guru in Chiang Mai March 1st & 2nd 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
BMW F650 guru in Chiang Mai March 1st & 2nd 2012

David Bruan - AKA "Flash" on the http://www.f650.com forum will be staying with us in Chiang Mai on the 1st & 2nd of March 2012.

For those who havn't heard of him, Flash made some instructional maintenance videos for the BMW F650, taking the bike completly to bits, showing all the maintenance needed, then put it all back together again, incredibly useful DVD's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... It2_jfeVqU

The DVD's can be downloaded here free:

http://faq.f650.com/dvd/index.htm

Stop by for a chat with him if you're in the area, a very knowledgeable guy.

KTMphil said:
...<snip>..David Bruan - AKA "Flash" on the http://www.f650.com forum will be staying with us in Chiang Mai on the 1st & 2nd of March 2012. Flash made some instructional maintenance videos for the BMW F650...

Thanks for the heads-up...but can't make it to CM. I've been muddled in getting getting both my dirt-bike...and...F650GS..running properly.
Had my dirt-bike engine rebuilt in PPenh last month; stator died on the way home. FINALLY...found a stator, will be here (from Calif.) in a week or so.
Meantime, F650 suddenly developed probs (fuel regulator?) and plan to take it to BKK (BMW) Motorcycles in BKK.
I'll be posting of my bike headaches and resolutions when the nightmare ends. Other that that I've not gone anywhere, or done anything for the last 6-weeks. Just holed up in the condo. I'm bored to tears!

BTW... first thing I did after buying the F650, in Feb 2010, was to d/load those excellent videos!! My gratitude to "Flash".

jay

Looks like "Flash", the BMW F650 guru should be at Rider's Corner in Chiang Mai around 5PM on Thursday 1st March, stop by if you want a chat with him. The rebuild DVD's he made are amazing.

Jay - i have a LOT of BMW F650 used spare parts if you need something

Grathiam said:
KTMphil said:
...<snip>..David Bruan - AKA "Flash" on the http://www.f650.com forum will be staying with us in Chiang Mai on the 1st & 2nd of March 2012. Flash made some instructional maintenance videos for the BMW F650...

Thanks for the heads-up...but can't make it to CM. I've been muddled in getting getting both my dirt-bike...and...F650GS..running properly.
Had my dirt-bike engine rebuilt in PPenh last month; stator died on the way home. FINALLY...found a stator, will be here (from Calif.) in a week or so.
Meantime, F650 suddenly developed probs (fuel regulator?) and plan to take it to BKK (BMW) Motorcycles in BKK.
I'll be posting of my bike headaches and resolutions when the nightmare ends. Other that that I've not gone anywhere, or done anything for the last 6-weeks. Just holed up in the condo. I'm bored to tears!

BTW... first thing I did after buying the F650, in Feb 2010, was to d/load those excellent videos!! My gratitude to "Flash".

jay

Grathiam said:

Have you tried using Dynamic Motors on Wisut Kasat road for repairs? He does a good job and is a lot cheaper and quicker than using one of the dealers.

madjbs said:
Have you tried using Dynamic Motors on Wisut Kasat road for repairs?
***Mr. Yut at Dynamic has a good reputation, but that's just too far and driving in BKK terrifies me...I usual get lost, very lost (no GPS)!

KTMPhil wrote: Jay - i have a LOT of BMW F650 used spare parts if you need something.
***Thanks, but, I don't exactly know what I need and driving to CM for repairs is more costly (room/gas, etc.).

ADDENDUM...
I had my F650GS checked by the BMW-BKK dealer which was recommended to me (bkkmotorcycle in Bang Kho, BKK). Nice & personalbe folks at that dealer. I was amazed at the large number and variety of BMW's they have at their location! When driving the 110-miles to the dealer, at a fast rate, I did notice less mid-speed hesitation than previously. I should also add, that (as normal) I got lost in BKK and had to have a taxi lead me to the dealer's location. :lol:

So, either the minor hesitation I'd been experiencing when a quick full twist of the throttle is applied...is normal...or maybe my imagination,
though I doubt the latter. ;-) OTOH, maybe it's because I ride my dirt bike far more often that the BMW, and the bikes respond differently?

Bottom line...They found _no_ flaws, but did clean the throttle valve switch and fuel plug. They also pointed out that my fuel filter is the one which
originally came with the bike (2001). They said I _could_ replace it, if desired, but in 10-years they have only _needed_ to replace fuel filters on 2 bikes!
None-the-less...I had it replaced...although those damn BMW filters are expensive, compared to fuel filters on my Suzuki dirt-bike!!

Thanks again, for the suggestions that were provided.

Lightemup...I didn't use the Post Office; I felt it's better to convey the supposed problem in person.

Back
Top Bottom