Bike purchase options... decisions, decisions...

WarProfiteer

Bikes
currently renting & deciding
More and more I am starting to eyeball some of the myriad of old Honda CB400's for sale in Thailand. Looks like it would be a perfect in-&-around-town bike with an extremely cheap cost... most of the ones I see range from about 60K-80K. Yeah, they aren't new, flashy, slick, etc... but it would be a better way to get around than my Click 125i. I hear they are quite reliable as well, engine-wise.

If I had a good in & around bike, I might then be willing to go a little bigger for a 'trip bike' (Z800?)... current plan is for an ER6N as an all-around'er, but there are other possibilities...

Some examples of CB400's currently for sale. This first is the most expensive at 79K...

CB4003_zpsa9e4a9d4.jpg

These next two are both in the upper 60's... like 67K or so...

CB4002_zps15522795.jpg

CB4001_zps734b753e.jpg

And lastly there's the Yamaha 400 from the same era, also priced in the 60's (asking 62K)... looks near identical to my (untrained) eyes...

Yam400_zps592089aa.jpg

Mostly looking for feedback and/or thoughts about CB400's as an in-&-around town bike...

Nice old bikes WP but very long in the tooth these days and not ideal for doing the shopping on?
At those prices,do they have a book?

For around town i think you can't beat the likes of a PCX or Forza with good under seat storage for running up to the shops and out and about in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom