Beginner Bike Book

Tom89

Bikes
Kawasaki 2020 W800 Classic, 2019 Honda Wave 125i
Hi all,

I'm new to bikes and am trying to learn as much as possible. I've been watching the MCRider and Motojitsu videos on You Tube. I'd like to get a good book as well. The three I see mentioned most often are Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough, Total Control editions 1 and 2 (apparently there's a big difference) by Lee Parks. Has anyone read any of these and can make a recommendation?

-Tom

Quite honestly the best advice is to get out and ride, find a car park or quiet place to practice slow speed turns and braking etc. when you feel comfortable try some counter steering on some straight sections of road. The best advice i was given as a kid was you have to learn to ride slow before you ride fast.

Books may teach you the theory, but ultimately muscle memory plays a big part in smooth safe riding.

I agree with you. I've already taken a couple of courses at the Honda Safety Park and try to practice as much of what I see on You Tube as possible. I'm just trying to dig a little deeper. Whenever I get into something new I tend to research it to death.

FYI

FB link to the Honda Safety Park in Chiang Mai

Website here

I gathered that @Tom89

;) I was thinking of the wider audience that might read this thread & may like to know more detail
Aha, in that case if anyone needs to get a Thai motorcycle license I'd highly recommend the Honda Safety Park. It was fun and I learned a lot.

Back
Top Bottom