Arriving in Thailand

pib

This is the light "google translation" of my blog, written in french:
http://www.pib-voyages.blogspot.com

Direction Thailand, on a deserted highway.

At the Malaysian border, I go with the cars, because I'm too large to pass with motorcycles (yes, an AT loaded with boxes is larger than a wave) and at 10 am: I am to the Thai border. A little complicated ...

1. Me: I filled my arrival card. Then he must park the motorcycle in the middle, I do not pass, so customs I spread their plots and tables. Two Singaporeans are there, they left at 1am, traversed throughout Malaysia at night ... and it pour down almost all along! Finally they still trace their path!
2. Motorbike: no more forms to fill, it's automatic... The boss valid entry.
3. To me again: customs, but it seems that way at land, I can only have 15 days visa. Uh? confirms by his boss. They may be trying to get a tea tip for one month visa. I do not care, I must be out of Thailand in 5-7 days.
4. They open blocks again and here I am out of customs. 1st stop at 10m on the left to buy insurance: nobody at the counter. 300Bahts for third party insurance for showing if the police stop me.

SAWADEE KHA THAILAND , SELAMAT TINGAL MALAYSIA
The highway is over. I'm on a nice 2x2 lanes but traffic is still erratic ... I found a mechanic to readjust my brake pedal and adjusts it but too high. In short I will do it myself ... ~ sigh ~

Hat Yai: The entrance to town is tricky, I get lost and somehow, arrive at the train station. Africa Twin by train? Is it going to be possible ...???
As I am about to park outside to go ask my questions, I am beckoned to enter a motorcycle in the station and go on the dock! You have to climb a ramp: I stop before, but am already IN the station.
At the counter I'm told that he must see the baggage counter. At the counter, "Yes, Yes". Finally, "just check the bike first, Dad! "They consult and" OK "I'm already a little atonished, and I am killed when he told me that it will be for the next train in 3 hours! For a night train, direction Hua Hin.
P1000959.JPGP1000970.JPGP1000971.JPG
I'm off to buy my tickets. As I travel with my luggage, I take a whole first compartment 1 st (2 berths) and 1 train is finally in 6h: all for 2600Bahts. The bike will travel to 1300Bahts more. The negotiation does not bring anything, and good, 100Bahts reduction will not change the face of the world. 300Bahts tip for guys who go up the bike on the train. I unpack all my packages on the platform, get changed, take a backpack with important matters and leave others to the setpoint. Suffice to say that I'm feeling ...

Incredulous, everybody look at my bike next to two waves, circles, asked me questions and even his picture taken!
When I go to the bathroom, they also offer showers for 10Bahts. This is nickel, but no hesitation.
Short walk through Hat Yai corridors filled with counterfeit DVDs and bric a brac of all kinds.

P1000961.JPGP1000975.JPG

Back
Top Bottom