Another Biker Fatality Near Pai

ไทยรักไทย

Well the gf is Thai, but the BiB don't seem to be overly concerned with her well being. Another case of not wanting to do what they are employed to do, uphold the law and reprimand those who break it.

Sorry to hear of another senseless death on the road. I hope Punika all the best.

The CRF was rented from Chiang Mai, there is about 100,000 bht of damage to the bike, basically only the engine is salvageable. The family members have said that they will not be responsible for the bike repair costs last I heard.

The CRF was rented from Chiang Mai, there is about 100,000 bht of damage to the bike, basically only the engine is salvageable. The family members have said that they will not be responsible for the bike repair costs last I heard.

Are you saying the family members are responsible for the bike repair costs?

The deceased signed a legally binding contract that he would be financially responsible for the motorcycle. Therefore his probate/ estate is legally responsible isnt it?

Well, there are two aspects to this:
1) so far it appears that the diseased was not at fault?
2) seems appropriate to await legal investigations before rental company lays a claim to any party?

Or did rental company claim against the driver of the car, Mr. Thanundon “Earn” Pratangkham too?

Well, there are two aspects to this:
1) so far it appears that the diseased was not at fault?
2) seems appropriate to await legal investigations before rental company lays a claim to any party?

Or did rental company claim against the driver of the car, Mr. Thanundon "Earn" Pratangkham too?

All I was told is that the family would not accept any financial responsibility in any way regardless of fault

In fact I would do the same thing, tell the rental company to take their financial headache to court and not bother us.

What do you value more, the life of a customer who passed away or 100.000 baht?

The driver who took him out is responsible for the damages..

Chasing the family of the deceased is pretty classless.. if I was the family I would tell them he can keep the passport !!

Yes its a loss for the rental company, or at least in this case they have to chase the Thai driver who did it... Such is the business..

Back
Top Bottom