The Angry Jungle of Borneo took another ..

retroman

Bikes
XR250, KTM250, TDM850, XJR1300SP, GS750, GT550, TW200
I am not sure whether you guys know about it , but it's sad to hear news like this.
i just happen to read it on the newspaper today..

Rescuers on Sunday retrieved the body of Michael Adrian Headley, 35, who died of a heart attack during the rally, and rescued 20 local riders, said event organiser Harin Tasmida."He had a heart attack and died instantly. He seemed to have forced himself beyond his physical ability," Tasmida said on Monday.
The riders were forced to spend the night in the jungle after heavy rains muddied the track.
"Many motorcycles broke down on the trail and riders had no choice but to stay overnight in the jungle without food and water, many suffering from fatigue," local rescuer Trembli Vemberiyanto said.
Tasmida, however, denied the event was poorly organised, saying they responded as quickly as possible.

"Nobody went missing. They only got stuck in the jungle because of the muddy terrain as it was raining a night before. We sent them food and water," he said.
The 140km "Balikpapan Two Days Enduro" began on Saturday with around 800 participants in the city of Balikpapan, where the Australian lived with his family and worked for a mining company.
The event was part of the city's 116th anniversary celebrations.
The organiser said Headley had undergone a physical examination in Singapore two months earlier and had been in good condition and fit.

I am not sure whether you guys know about it , but it's sad to hear news like this.
i just happen to read it on the newspaper today..

Rescuers on Sunday retrieved the body of Michael Adrian Headley, 35, who died of a heart attack during the rally, and rescued 20 local riders, said event organiser Harin Tasmida."He had a heart attack and died instantly. He seemed to have forced himself beyond his physical ability," Tasmida said on Monday.
The riders were forced to spend the night in the jungle after heavy rains muddied the track.
"Many motorcycles broke down on the trail and riders had no choice but to stay overnight in the jungle without food and water, many suffering from fatigue," local rescuer Trembli Vemberiyanto said.
Tasmida, however, denied the event was poorly organised, saying they responded as quickly as possible.

"Nobody went missing. They only got stuck in the jungle because of the muddy terrain as it was raining a night before. We sent them food and water," he said.
The 140km "Balikpapan Two Days Enduro" began on Saturday with around 800 participants in the city of Balikpapan, where the Australian lived with his family and worked for a mining company.
The event was part of the city's 116th anniversary celebrations.
The organiser said Headley had undergone a physical examination in Singapore two months earlier and had been in good condition and fit.

Thanks for that retroman, can you let us have the source of the news.

Thanks

Ally

Hi Ally,

Read it on my local newspaper,
and with a little bit of google -- of the rider name.,
news pop up on Aust newspaper too.

Back
Top Bottom