About Bike Shipments from South East Asia to North America

Cosmosian

Bikes
BMW F 650 GS 2003
Hello everybody!

We are looking for a shipping company to send our bikes either from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore to LA, USA or Vancouver, Canada around May-June.
Has anyone of you had an experience with shipping a bike from any of these cities?
If yes, I would so much appreciate, if you can write me the contact information of the company.

All the best,

Deniz

The Earth Under Our Wheels

Hope you get some advice here Deniz.

A very warm welcome to RideAsia.

Ally

Welcome Cosmosian

Shipping - Try Schenker in Chiang Mai. Several riders have used them recently with good experiences, details below:

SCHENKER (THAI) LTD, Chiang Mai, Thailand

View attachment 13908

Hello everybody!

We are looking for a shipping company to send our bikes either from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore to LA, USA or Vancouver, Canada around May-June.
Has anyone of you had an experience with shipping a bike from any of these cities?
If yes, I would so much appreciate, if you can write me the contact information of the company.

All the best,

Deniz

The Earth Under Our Wheels

Thanks for the welcoming! :)

We don't want to go back all the way up to Chiang Mai since we are heading to Indonesia.
But Schenker has an office in Bangkok, so I'll contact them. Thank you!
I heard that shipping the bikes from Indonesia may be complicated and expensive.
I am also investigating for Malaysia and Singapore.
So we will make a comparison and see if it's worth coming back to Thailand for the shipment.

Cheers,

Deniz

Cosmosian

Just a cautionary note here. Are the motorcycles up to current U.S. EPA standards? If the U.S. import rules are the same as for four wheels, an imported vehicle must meet current standards. If not, they could be held at POE until modified to meet them.

Mac
a 4-Wheeler

Hi Mac,

I'm gonna ask an illiterate question, but what do you mean by U.S EPA standards and POE?

We do not wanna import them to U.S., we just want to fly and cross it to go to Montréal.
So we will import them to Canada eventually and we are acknowledged about the procedure for that.

In btw, our bikes are BMW F 800 GS 2011 and BMW F 650 GS 2003.

Back
Top Bottom