8 temples in 53 km and 3.5 hours

Mistah7

Bikes
KLX250 Yamaha XJ650
Hi,

Yesterday I took a ride in my neighborhood visiting some temples. I like taking photos of temples, they stand still and are not complaining when it takes some time to get focus etc.

I live 15 km southeast of Chiang Rai in Huay Sak and this is a map where I found these temples.

Map.JPG

The first temple I visited was Wat Si Dong Chai. It is just 3 km from my house, I have passed it many times but never been inside the walls. Same with all the other ones in this trip, that is why I choose them.

WatSiDongChai-1.JPG
WatSiDongChai-2.JPG
WatSiDongChai-3.JPG
WatSiDongChai-4.JPG

The next one was Wat Dong Pa Miang. For some reasons they have built two beautiful temples and I see that in many other places. And this village has one more temple, just 500 meters away.

WatDongPaMiang-1.JPG
WatDongPaMiang-2.JPG
WatDongPaMiang-3.JPG
WatDongPaMiang-4.JPG
WatDongPaMiang-5.JPG
WatDongPaMiang-6.JPG
WatDongPaMiang-7.JPG

So... next temple was Wat Rong Pla Khao. And as the others, I have not been inside the walls before even if I had a girlfriend 15 years ago that lived 150 m from the temple. Maybe I did not have a good camera at that time or I was younger and more interested in other stuff. . . . But this temple has some interesting stuff.
WatRongPlaKhao-2.JPG
WatRongPlaKhao-1.JPG
WatRongPlaKhao-4.JPG
WatRongPlaKhao-3.JPG
WatRongPlaKhao-5.JPG
WatRongPlaKhao-6.JPG

Next temple was Wat Pong Kam.

WatPongKam-1.JPG
WatPongKam-2.JPG
WatPongKam-3.JPG

Next temple was Wat Doi Ngam.
WatDoiNgam-1.JPG
WatDoiNgam-2.JPG

Next temple was Wat Rong Khue. I like the Buddha with a little French style sitting in front of the temple.

WatRongKhue-1.JPG
WatRongKhue-2.JPG

Just two left now. Next one is Wat Chom Khiri. Very color full place.

WatChomKhiri-1.JPG
WatChomKhiri-2.JPG

And the last one, Wat Mai Mongkhon. Another one a little bit off the road but I found it on Google Maps.

WatMaiMongkhon-1.JPG
WatMaiMongkhon-2.JPG
WatMaiMongkhon-3.JPG

So that was that.
As I said, 3.5 hours but only 1.43 in the saddle. Some time for photos and then a long break at my favorite Coffee place outside New Life Foundation.

My first posting in Ride Asia. I have quite a lot of photos from temple-trips I have done last couple of months so I might be back.

Cheers

Thanks 'Mistah7'; very nice.
Agree that we don't have to go very far from hope to see many things.

Nice work Mr Sven and welcome to Ride Asia.

And I like how you waited to click that bird in mid flight at Wat Mai Mongkhon! :DD

Back
Top Bottom