4 month ride through SE Asia

Lostbeachbum

Bikes
Campagna T-Rex and Harley 1200 Sportster
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this board and this is my first post. My name is John, I'm 27 from the US and have been riding most of my life, over 100k miles in 6 countries. I'm leaving on my 7 continent RWT next month and SE Asia is my first stop. After spending a few weeks exploring Thailand's South Coast starting in Prachuap, I'm flying into Han Oi to buy a WIN or similar to start a 3 1/2 month ride through Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia-Thailand-Malaysia. Flying into Myanmar if I have time.

My basic route: Take the Northern and Northwestern loop from Han Oi, then get my Laos visa in Dien Bien Phu. From there my rough plan is to spend alot of time exploring the small towns of Northern Laos, Northern Thailand and Northeastern Cambodia. I love getting off the beaten path and experiencing local culture, these areas seem the best to do that. I'll loop around and do the Vietnam coast, eventually making my way back into southern Thailand where I'll do some island hopping, then Malaysia and Singapore (via KUL). I plan on flying out of KL to New Zealand sometime in February where I'll also be buying/selling a bike. If anyone is doing a simlar trip around the same time and wants to meet up, let me know. I'm in contact with a few others from various forums and Couch Surfing who are doing the same trip. Safe travel everyone!

John

Awesome, always people in Thailand and chiang mai around John, hope you enjoy your trip, I'm 27 aswell so thought id reply!....

Back
Top Bottom