2013 Ducati Hypermotard 821

Well if the bikes not running.. Then the stator isnt working.. Its just battery drain..

I would have thought a HM battery would have no issues at all powering a little GPS, for any short period the bike is left sat with the GPS on ?? Also I would have thought it should be wired in, on the ignitian, so that without ignition power the GPS power cuts ?? Thats how I wire all mine up, not straight of the battery but on the ignition ??

Secondly if it had pulled the life out of the battery, it wouldnt just 'recharge' by itself after a few seconds.. Perhaps the battery drain confuses the ECU system a little ?? And it takes a bit of reset time ?? I have a multi meter somewhere if you want to check charge rates, drain rate, and batt levels before start..

Rectifier/Regulator issues?!? Put a multimeter on your battery terminals rev your engine until you see a voltage rise, 14V or something like that, if it does your battery is being charged and your R/R is good. After that you may have a short in some wiring which will also drain your battery.

And as Sefton mentioned- not a good idea to have it wired direct to your battery. Even when you switch it off it will still pull current to charge the GPS, albeit until its fully charged. But this will go on and on. Cant believe Ducati wired it like that! it should come off a relay and protected by a fuse.

And if your bike is running its not the stator.

Well, I went over there today and told them (the manager)
And told him of my problem, what happened and how I had to hold the start button in for like 10 secs for it to start.
We tried to see if it would happen again in the workshop, but of course it didnt.
He said they would like to have the bike to check it out, so when I go sort my visa out I will leave the bike with them.

Just a note, the Zumo 350 is Ducati's standard GPS you buy, if you buy it through the Performance Parts catalogue.
It was their first install of a GPS on the HM.
I got it at EagleGPS and it came with wiring with fuses etc.

Anyone want to hazard a guess if Ducati Thailand will introduce the SP (Thai built) into their line-up eventually?

04_-HYPERMOTARD_SP_Ducati_Performance.jpg

My guess...no.

The exotic high performance models don't seem to get the green light here....lovely bike though.

My guess...no.

The exotic high performance models don't seem to get the green light here....lovely bike though.

Makes little sense tho in that the SP is only bolt on parts.. If it makes the other models here, the bolt on parts shouldnt need another fabrication center.

As I was saying to someone the other day.. Based on the 945,000 price of the SP, and based on how little costs differential there is in the west.. You could easily..

1) buy an SP in the west, used even.
2) Buy an HM stock here zero miles.
3) swap all the parts that make the SP the SP, leaving frame and engine casing the same for legality
4) sell the HM back in the west as a regular HM (couple of grand lost tops)
5) now you have a zero miles 945,000 baht HM SP in Thailand for the 500k buy price and parts swap.

Hos does it make any sense we can DiY a HM SP for say 600 - 700k here, but they need 945 to do the same ??

The free 1 year 1st class insurance is worth 20,000 Bht. With the Hypermotard at 499,000 Bht, this promotion on the Hyperstrada, with the extra's it has, is a good deal (549,000 Bht including a year's free 1st class insurance).

Hyperstrada Campaign
ราคา 549,900.- ดาวน์ 99,990.-
ผ่อน 48 x 8,788.- บอลลูน 129,000.-
รวมจดทะเบียน และ ประกันภัยชั้น 1 (ปีแรก)

15658_666429966771411_704143025693073245_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom