2013 Ducati Hypermotard 821

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/The-2013-Ducati-Hypermotard-821

(Motorcycle Thailand)

" The Ducati Hypermotard 821, fresh and shiny for 2013 is an all-new approach. Ducati doesn't use any of the parts from previous motorcycle for the Ducati Hypermotard 821. "
The-2013-Ducati-Hypermotard-821_1.jpg

I've been thinking about one of these.....They aren't the greatest on a long run though, or are they?

With the release of the Hyperstrada have Ducati made a "mini" Multistrada?

After a bit of research it appears that some of the touring parts on the hyperstrada are available after market. That means that a Hypermotard can be fitted out with a rack, centre stand, screen and touring seat etc but I don't think the panniers will fit (not an issue for me) and with the better riding position and bigger fuel tank should be able to handle the 250 k odd range without too much hassle given its better riding position.

I have heard prices of B 530k and 600k for the SP version makes the latter good value considering the suspension upgrades, carbon bits and forged wheels. Add in a rack and touring seat, even the small carbon wind deflector and you have a pretty good all rounder.

If the prices are true it may be time to put the Thruxton on the market and get a deposit on an SP....

Can anyone confirm the prices? Ducati Thailands website does not list the price.

I thought we had the Thai msrp in another thread on this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I've been thinking about one of these.....They aren't the greatest on a long run though, or are they?

The Hypermotard is defo not a long distance touring bike, have the privilege to use one (air-cool previous generation custom Duc-HM Evo-SP) every time I am back in Sydney / AUS but to be honest after 45-60 min. spirited ride need a short rest stop and the bike needs a frequent fill up anyway.

For some reasons, I can't get a custom Ducati Dirt-Bike out of my head and a Duc-HM would be a good starting point: http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/ducati-motorcycles/4141-dirt-ducati.html

The Hypermotard is defo not a long distance touring bike, have the privilege to use one (air-cool previous generation custom Duc-HM Evo-SP) every time I am back in Sydney / AUS but to be honest after 45-60 min. spirited ride need a short rest stop and the bike needs a frequent fill up anyway.

For some reasons, I can't get a custom Ducati Dirt-Bike out of my head and a Duc-HM would be a good starting point: http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/ducati-motorcycles/4141-dirt-ducati.html

the 821 has improved ergos and if you had the touring seat from the strada should be ok for a tank full non stop. I don't have any trouble doing 200+ on my thruxton.

the 821 has improved ergos and if you had the touring seat from the strada should be ok for a tank full non stop.

Depends on riders height / build and in my personal opinion and riding experience both Duc-HM (old + new generation) do not give me the comfort I prefer to have for long distance rides.
The new Hyperstrada is sort of a mini Multistrada and looks weird (again, my own personal opinion). The Duc-Hypermotards are Supermoto "hooligan" bikes in my personal view and great fun for short blasts around twisty country roads or commuting.....

Long distance touring and comfort with a Ducati, well ~ pretty happy with my Ducati 2012 Multistrada 1200S Pikes Peak.

Yeah, if money was no object I would have a MTS P.P too! What a bike!

Ive never even sat on a hyper motard yet to be able to make a personal opinion, just the new ones are more comfortable than the old. With my riding I doubt I would ever ride 300ks or more in any one day. Pretty easy on any bike.

Have to see what the prices are but I am thinking a base MTS at 858k is doable and that is a whole lot of bike and a better all rounder than a hypermotard.

Also a lot of other bikes coming out soon, Yamaha MT-09 and 650V-Strom to name two.

Good days ahead for big bikes in Thailand finally.

Has anyone got any info if Ducati Thailand are about to officially release this? Its not listed on their website yet!

Its strange.. because they did, then they pulled it, there was a mooted (low price) a listed high one.. Now nothing..

Ruined by politics/red tape grrr

fingers crossed that it's still on the cards......

Surely theres not more room in the stable ??

Between the WR in SuMo and the MS.. I suppose I can see a gap ;)

The hypermotard or SMCR would be ideal for Multi day slow twisty stuff. The MS is too big and clumsy for that to be enjoyable and the WR for me is not comfortable for more than a couple of days and even though it will do 150kph its screaming the tits off itself -not acceptable. So......

Agree.. Tho knowing how much the early LC4s vibrate.. I would want to hear thats changed in the later 690 engines to think about them as a tour option.. Lots of vibes for more than a day or so riding out of that big single.

Announced at the Ducati show last night last night..

Hypermotard 499,990 and hyper strada 549,990..

WOW..

Awesome, they heard my prayers.....any links to this news???

Color_Hypermotard-SP_01_1067x600.jpg

Ducati Hyperstrada เปิดตัวในบ้านเราแล้วด้วยราคา 549,900 บาทเครื่องยนต์ 821 ซีซี 4 วาวต่อสูบ ระบายความร้อนด้วยน้ำ ถังน้ำมันเพิ่มจาก 12 เป็น 16 ลิตร เบาะสูงเพียง 81 ซม จากพื้น ขิวหน้าขนาดใหญ่ กับกระเป๋าข้างสองใบ มีระบบ ride-by-wire มาพร้อม technology เต็มแม็ก คือ Riding Mode 3 ระดับ พร้อม DTC หรือ Ducati Traction Control ควบ ABS พร้อมกันนั้นได้เปิดตัว Ducati Hypermotard 499,900 บาท ที่มีทุกอย่างเกือบเหมือนกันยกเว้นกระเป๋า และชิวหน้า กับเบาะที่สูงกว่า Hyperstrada นิดหน่อย คือ 83 ซม ติดต่อโชว์รูม Ducati ทั้ง 10 แห่ง เพื่อสอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...8786436206&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

Going to be very hard to resist an SP hypermotard at that price.. Great one bike solution.

Oh my goodness, 948K for the SP!!!! Where did they pull that figure from :WTF

Models Price list

The only extras I can see are:
Marchesini forged rims, tapered aluminium handlebars, carbon fibre components: front mudguard, cam belt covers. Better suspension. Race modes. Different Tyres. Nicer Graphics.

The SP must not be made here.. The other two are domestic..

The SP would be priced between the other 2 in normal markets.

Thats a shame about the SP but you could make a normal hyper into one easily, not that much different. At 499k I think I will sell my Thruxton and get one. have to see one in the flesh first though and test ride.

SP out the picture and reds not a particularly nice colour IMO, Hyperstrada has the better package for 50K more. Performance/tech specification the two are identical. Surprised at the lack of colour options.

You're probably right, the hyperstrada has a better seat for long distances and panniers so would be more practical. For some reason I don't like the looks of it, think it is that screen. The red is ok for me but could do with some graphics, maybe a bit of the Italian "tricolore" would look good?

I wonder if these Thai made bikes are the same as the import SP then? Or will they have some cheaper components on them? At 948K they won't sell many, spending 500k and you can buy a lot of goodies with the change.

At 948K they won't sell many, spending 500k and you can buy a lot of goodies with the change.

500k is enough to buy a second entire HM SP, strip the SP bits off it, post them here and still have change !!!

From the Pro Italia website:-

Panniers - $891
Touring Seat - $306
Center Stand - $245
Grab Handles - $130
Rear Rack - $277
Hand Guards - $118
total of $1,967 or 61,547 Baht

Other extras I couldn't find prices for that are not on the Hypermotard.12V Power Outlets x2
Heated Grips
Touring Windshield
Larger Front/Rear Mudguards
Engine Sump Guards

So I would say you save quite a bit in the long run buying the Hyperstrada if you plan to add these accessories at some point to a Hypermotard.

Color_Hyperstrada_W_01_1067x600.jpg
2013-ducati-hyperstrada-shows-up_7.jpg
2013-ducati-hyperstrada-eicma-03.jpg

679876_441095872614449_365565971_o.jpg
2013-ducati-hypermotard-5_800x0w.jpg
2013-ducati-hypermotard-eicma-03.jpg

Cant have it without the heated grips here.. Essential IMO.

Cant have it without the heated grips here.. Essential IMO.

ahhh Mr LOS. Well one very chilly morning on my way to Nan at 6 in the morning going over the hills I had to stop as my mitts and body was freezing. Jumping about at the side of the road to warm myself up it dawned on me that I had heated grips! Now at this point I had no idea how to operate them. Thankfully I still had an internet signal and figured out how to operate them. The brains at Ducati turned the starter button into the set button for the heated grips after the engine has started, brilliant. And let me tell you this when your mitts are toasty warm the rest of your body doesn't matter. Continued to Nan in comfort as a result of the heated grips. You could in essence buy some heavier gloves and swap them with the lighter ones dependent on the temperature - why would you want to do that when you can press a button!
I initially thought the same as you however I now know they are a nice option to have.

edit: the heated grips are standard on both models.

499,000 bht - This has to be the best value, performance road bike in Thailand, by far. Personally, I dislike the asthetics with passion, it looks like a children's bike to me, but it will be the most fun you can have with 500k Bht on the road in Thailand for sure. Triumph Street Triple is how much new in Thailand now? 740k Bht?

21749d1381556597t-2013-ducati-hypermotard-821-679876_441095872614449_365565971_o.jpg

Ducati Chiang Mai have a Hyperstrada in there showroom. They will start to sell them end of November. Only red will be available in Thailand.
Demonstrator also available at the end if the month.
Looks nice in the flesh.

Attachments

• image-132144550.jpg
    image-132144550.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 740
  • image-3849453204.jpg
    image-3849453204.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 704
  • image-2692604187.jpg
    image-2692604187.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 624
  • image-184889939.jpg
    image-184889939.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 654
  • image-4031270942.jpg
    image-4031270942.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 666
  • image-2998289238.jpg
    image-2998289238.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 642
  • image-2670818722.jpg
    image-2670818722.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 660
Want.....

Just to compare prices with my home country:
Hyperstrada is 1.2 mil baht in Denmark...

Were you able to start it Jonny?

No just had a quick peak. Pretty sure the motor is going to be smooooth. Only thing I'm not keen on is no adjustments on the forks (SP has), I'm reading its a bit soft at the front especially on a track (Chiang Rai).
Once the stock cat/pipe is replaced it should be down to the low 160Kg's@110bhp not to be sniffed at.

I think its great looking.. Sure its heavy to be a 'real' super moto.. Thats why its a hyper moto.. But it sure seems to tick an awful lot of boxes for the ground here.

Plus at 500k its priced right for local.. Just sort of annoying that the most desirable SP which logic says would be priced at 530 ish ?? To be between the stocker and the strada, is not domestically produced and is 945k !! I mean if its just bolt on bits why cant they bolt on a few here !!

Also noticing the grey frame isnt what was pictured in promo stuff.. I might be alone in not being overly keen in the red option.. Tho now the frame isnt red very easy to have it wrapped any color you fancy and keep the paintwork pristine.

A bit of attention to detail, a paint job and the new SC exhaust and you could transform your Hypermotard into this...
Shock/Forks can come at a later date.

ducati_hypermotard_sp_821_hypermotard_sp_hyperstrada_exhaust_auspuff_ducati_scproject_hypermotar.jpg

Only problem you won't be able to fit the Ducati Luggage. You would have the option for the lower mounted pipe keeping inline with the touring biased Hypermotard.
I like the thought of getting the base Hypermotard and making a project out of it to produce something like the above, hmmmm.....

ducati_hypermotard_821_hyperstrada_exhaust_low position_scproject_hyperstrada_hypermotard.jpg

Caved and ordered a Ducati Hypermotard 821 today

10957719085_3c2a184538_b.jpg

50,000 Bht deposit (balance of 449,00 on delivery), only available in red, they are promising delivery before the end of November 2013 (10 days). First class insurance is 19,300 Bht.

10957724015_77a7043ca4_b.jpg

The only option currently available in Chiang Mai is a TERMIGNONI FULL EXHAUST system, for 90,000 bht (USD$ 2,855 elsewhere outside Thailand, so priced reasonably)

96480031A-ducati-hypermotard-821-exhaust.jpg

Back
Top Bottom