2013 Ducati Hypermotard 821

A bit of attention to detail, a paint job and the new SC exhaust and you could transform your Hypermotard into this...
Shock/Forks can come at a later date.

View attachment 22509

Only problem you won't be able to fit the Ducati Luggage. You would have the option for the lower mounted pipe keeping inline with the touring biased Hypermotard.
I like the thought of getting the base Hypermotard and making a project out of it to produce something like the above, hmmmm.....

View attachment 22510

Base model seems like the go, given the Thai prices for the various models

I'd be investigating different panniers in preference to those ugly Ducati panniers on the Hyperstrada.

Stock suspension on the base model sounds good enough. Monoshock is fully adjustable so its only the forks lacking adjustment.

Phil, remember how you got me to 'run in' your brand spanking new CRF?
Well ……….. :RE

I know its a small point.. But as they have shown both red framed and greyish framed bikes..

Did they know what the delivery bikes would be ??

I know its a small point.. But as they have shown both red framed and greyish framed bikes..

Did they know what the delivery bikes would be ??

If I'm not mistaken the Motard is red and the Strada is grey. Really hoping the Motard is red for my plans.
Phil???

Of course.. Missed the obvious.. Different models different frames.

Has anyone asked them why no SP ?? Its bolt on parts, seems crazy they cant sell it..

And jonny for yur plans.. The bike would still be listed as red as frame color and bodywork are not separated on a green book.. My black framed CBR is 'green' due to bodywork.

as much as i like the new hyper and its a great price i have a soft spot for the 1100s so i just added this to the stable.Now i just need some pipes to let the noise out and i should be right. DJZnT8.JPG

Will do, thanks for the link Greg (lovin this bike, will do a write up when I get back, it's ready for its 1, 000 km oil change service already).

Keen to hear your views on this as after chucking the trusty old DRZ sm around for a while now I'm looking at sticking the big wheels and knobblies back on the DRZ and getting a bigger bike for the road and this may be the one to go for.

Keen to hear your views on this as after chucking the trusty old DRZ sm around for a while now I'm looking at sticking the big wheels and knobblies back on the DRZ and getting a bigger bike for the road and this may be the one to go for.

It's coming

Looks like Ducati has a lot of sales lately :)
A Thai friend just bought a Hypermotard 1100. Tried it this weekend, wow this is a lot of power to handle.

1424344_10201122043233346_1820238927_n.jpg

Only been using the 110 HP "Sport" mode so far, interesting reading about the select-able driving modes:

SPORT: The Sport Riding Mode provides 110 hp with a direct response from the RbW on acceleration, reduced intervention from the DTC system and the level 1 setting (high braking efficiency) from the ABS with reduced control over rear wheel lift.

TOURING: The Touring Riding Mode provides 110 hp with a more gradual response from the RbW on acceleration, greater intervention from the DTC system and level 2 braking efficiency from the ABS with maximum stability on braking and lift-up control.

URBAN: The Urban Riding Mode provides 75 hp with gradual response from the RbW on acceleration, even greater intervention from the DTC system and level 2 braking efficiency from the ABS with maximum stability on braking and rear wheel lift control.

Would be interested in what you think Phil.

I'm loving it but I have nothing to compare it to, never had a bike with that much power. Love the handling, the suspension, and the general craziness.

Would be interested in what you think Phil.

I'm loving it but I have nothing to compare it to, never had a bike with that much power. Love the handling, the suspension, and the general craziness.

Looks like West might bring his KTM 690 smc r out tomorrow for a comparison test.

Aftermarket accessories trickling out now for this new model, but no stock in Thailand, these were ordered from the USA.

Engine sump guard to protect that incredibly vulnerable oil filter

11829110814_262694a046_b.jpg

Rolling frame sliders (less shock loads in a crash)

11829488516_7dbb1f0ca1_b.jpg

Radiator guard

11828708455_6cb18fcf3a_b.jpg

Ducati tank bag, with the expansion zip open, looks big enough for a 4 day trip

11829261654_a690897db9_b.jpg

A decent quick release setup

11828996723_5da5b1fa58_b.jpg

Nice tank bag setup.. Recently added one myself and really like that option for a couple of nights away.

I hate backpacks on bikes.

Just put in a few orders of stuff for mine.
Same tank bag and engine guard from the proitalia store.
And R&G crash protection stuff from the R&G website.

They yanked my box at customs at CNX airport. .... Roger-ed me for 5,000 bht

:( Bummer

There really is not much rhyme or consistent rhythm to it is there?

When I had fork springs sent they got nailed for duty & VAT
But I just had a FuelMoto EFI sent & it came right thru no charges.
Both came via USPS Priority Air Mail.

Something to watch out for, with he single sided swing arm, the rear brake rotor (brake disc) is on the same side of the wheel as the chain. I noticed reduced performance from the back brake and didn't remember to check why. A couple of days ago, i was inspecting the chain tension and noticed black oil film on the brake rotor, looks like the fling off of excess chain oil ends up on the rear brake rotor, obviously reducing the performance of the rear brake.

Aftermarket accessories trickling out now for this new model, but no stock in Thailand, these were ordered from the USA.
I know the sickness, just got two sets of forged alloy Marchesini rims delivered….

black oil film on the brake rotor, looks like the fling off of excess chain oil ends up on the rear brake rotor, obviously reducing the performance of the rear brake.

That sounds strange, MTS has a single side swing arm as well and never had an issue with chain lube on the rear brake disc.
Using MOTUL C5 Chain Paste for the Ducati MTS: C5 Chain Paste - Motul

ps: never had an issue with chain lube fling off on the brake disc with the Aussie Ducati HM-EvoSP I use frequently in Sydney….

I know the sickness, just got two sets of forged alloy Marchesini rims delivered….

That sounds strange, MTS has a single side swing arm as well and never had an issue with chain lube on the rear brake disc.
Using MOTUL C5 Chain Paste for the Ducati MTS: C5 Chain Paste - Motul

ps: never had an issue with chain lube fling off on the brake disc with the Aussie Ducati HM-EvoSP I use frequently in Sydney….

Yes I agree, that's strange.

I've had single sided swingarm bikes with never a hint of lube getting thrown onto the disc.

Maybe Rossi is sabotaging Phil's bike so he can keep up?

Touring screen 6cm higher than standard screen. At around 125-130 km/h, the peak on a MX starts to get pulled back.

11956338925_a10d28afd5_b.jpg

11956623193_569b2fb885_b.jpg

Managed to get some rear sliders, no need to buy a single sided lift now

Does the new HM model has a centre stand or how do you remove the rear wheel?
Had the same Speedymoto rear axle sliders for two years installed on my MTS, switching over to a Rizoma kit soon as I plan to do some service + maintenance work on the MTS during the upcoming CNY national holidays.

Does the new HM model has a centre stand or how do you remove the rear wheel?
Had the same Speedymoto rear axle sliders for two years installed on my MTS, switching over to a Rizoma kit soon as I plan to do some service + maintenance work on the MTS during the upcoming CNY national holidays.

Butch, there's an aftermarket center stand, not as standard. On the road would need a car jack to get the rear wheel off.

Butch, there's an aftermarket center stand, not as standard. On the road would need a car jack to get the rear wheel off.
Same as MTS-PP, centre stands is add on, easy to remove but leave mine on most of the times as quite handy for rear tyre puncture repairs.
Taking centre stand of for track days…..

ps: get a high quality DUCATI AXLE NUT TOOL to remove the rear wheel, you will need it one day, regular socket / wrench will not work….

Back
Top Bottom