1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike Week

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Should be a great event, special crossing details for those wanting attend.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/1st-Myanmar-Tachileik-BIKE-WEEK/428552260619823?ref_type=bookmark

Myanmar immigration authority has been authorized to arrange the special entry permission for all foreigners to join the 1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike Week and/or Kyaing Tong – Mong Lar trip WITHOUT VISA.

*** Conditions ***
- Purpose of joining the 1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike week and/or joining the Kyaing Tong – Mong Lar trip.
- Permission to stay 14 days.
- Enter and exit through Tachileik – Maesai gate only.

To register for the special entry permission, please email the following to tachileikbikeweek@gmail.com within 25th November.
(1) ID card for Thai citizen, or Passport for other countries citizen.
(2) Bike owner book (Case your own bike), and Letter of permission from Bike owner (Case you do not own the bike)
(3) 1.5”x 1.5” size photo (Scanned in resolution not lower than 250 pixels per inch.)

10547480_794463900575452_3269167665149885205_n.jpg

More Info and details of ride out !!!

INVITATION LETTER

On behalf of Eastern Eagle MC, we are pleased to invite all MC from all ASEAN and INTERNATIONAL countries
to set the very first foot print in the history in 1st Myanmar Bike Week.

Tachileik, the border town in Myanmar where is the neighbor township of Maesai, Chiang Rai province of Thailand.

Traveling
For whom would like to come acrosss the boarder from Thailand, should have to travel to Maesai (Chiang Rai Province, Northern region of Thailand), then enter to Tachileik through the Thai Myanmar friendship bridge #1.
For whom would like to enter from Yangon, should fly to Tachileik by air only.

Program
14 Dec 2014 (Note !! Local time of Myanmar GMT+6.30)
Booths for Merchandise, Bikes & Accessories, Food and Souvenirs will open all day. And concert will start on 19.00 till 22.00 hr.

Date 15 Dec 2014
15.00 hr. – All bikers will ride together in caravan from the festival place to the Friendship bridge #1 and back to the festival place.
16.00 hr. – Extreme Stunt Biking Show by Myanmese Champion of Stunt King Biking, Ko Naung (2011, Thailand Kawasaki Stunt Biking Competition)
17.00 hr. – Dinner
17.30 hr. – Donation to Tachileik Orphanage. (Receive by representative)
18.00 hr. – Classic Bike Contest
18.30 hr. – Decorative Big Bike Contest
19.00 hr. – Representative of each MC get on stage for self introduction and token exchange. Then
Eastern Eagle MC President will have a welcome speech.
20.00 hr. – Show from Myanmese Rock band “Emperor & Zaw Win Htut”
21.30 hr. – Show from Thai’s Carabao band.
23.30 hr. – End the show of main stage. Continue by second stage at the Eastern Eagle MC’s booth (Biker only). Buffet and Acoustic music will be serving for free.

Date 16-12-2014 (Kyaing Tong – Mong Lar Trip)
09.00 – Travel to Tachileik orphanage to give presents to children.
13.00 – Ride to Kyaing Tong. (Stay 1 night)

Date 17-12-2014
09.00 – Travel to Kyaing Tong orphanage to give presents to children.
13.00 – Ride to Mong Lar, the boarder of Myanmar – China. Visit the night market. (Stay 1 night)

Date 18-12-2014
09.00 – Travel to attraction places in Mong Lar.
11.00 – Ride back to Tachileik by returning route.

Program for Bikers
- Biker who brings Big Bike will be able to enter for free.
- Free booth area for MC who response the invitation and confirm to join the festival. (Please confirm within 01 Dec 2014)
- Free VIP table with starter food.
- If Biker would like to stay in tent, there will have an area for tenting for free.
- If Biker would like to stay in hotel, please contact Eastern Eagle (Myanmar) Motorcross Traveling
Company for hotels list, information and reservation. (Biker own account)
- Crowd funding for orphans in Tachileik at Eastern Eagle MC’s booth. All bikers can participate to give a better world to the children.

Preparation
Update for entering Myanmar WITHOUT VISA.
Myanmar immigration authority has been authorized to arrange the special entry permission for all foreigners to join the 1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike Week and/or Kyaing Tong – Mong Lar trip WITHOUT VISA.

Conditions
- Purpose of joining the 1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike week and/or joining the Kyaing Tong – Mong Lar trip.
- Permission to stay 14 days.
- Enter and exit through Tachileik – Maesai gate only.

To register for the special entry permission, please email the following to tachileikbikeweek@gmail.com within 25th November.
(1) ID card for Thai citizen, or Passport for other countries citizen.
(2) Bike owner book (Case your own bike), and Letter of permission from Bike owner (Case you do not own the bike)
(3) 1.5”x 1.5” size photo (Scanned in resolution not lower than 250 pixels per inch.)

- Note, Myanmar is riding in Right lane.
- When arrive Maesai, for Thai language, please contact Mr. Nakorn (Tel +66-81-7841719) and Ms. Koy (Tel +66-84-6151999) to arrange the boarder crossing for bikes. For English, please contact Mr. Pasakorn (Tel +66-83-768 0707).

Contact points
For more information about the bike week festival, please contact Mr. Paskorn (Jai) Phone : +66-83-768 0707
Email : redeagle.jai@gmail.com
Line : pasakorn.jai
Facebook : redeagle.jai

For details and programs of the bike week, please access the below.
Facebook : 1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike Week
Twitter : Tachileik Bike Week
Instagram : Tachileik Bike Week
Tango : Tachileik Bike Week Google : Tachileik Bike Week

Invitation response, Confirmation, Hotels booking and registering for Kyaing Tong – Mong Lar trip, please contact the below
Mr. San Kyaw (General Manager)
Eastern Eagle (Myanmar) Co., Ltd. Address : 53 Tha Zin Street, Tar Law, Tachileik, Myanmar
Myanmar Phone : +95 92 502 06312
Thai Phone : 095-709 3331
Email : tachileikbikeweek@gmail.com
Fax : +95-84 51176

Ms. Ayeyawaddy (Assistant Manager)
Myanmar Phone : +95-93 6042660
Thai Phone : 089-636 8849

President
Eastern Eagle MC (Myanmar)

This sounds nice..and a good chance to stroll in/out ,maybe visit some places for a few days if possible.
is anyone going ?

Can you imagine the temporary import headaches Mae Sai Customs will have with non-Thai registered motorcycles. Might actually be an opportunity to get a temporary import mess up straightened out.

Looks like a great program.

I have made contact with them on the forum's behalf, very positive response they are fine tuning the event details and any info on the ride to Mongla. I would guess we will get a lot of takers a good opportunity to get into the country without any paperwork nightmares.

As far as non registered Thai bikes it looks like they have a pass agreed with immigration.

Will post more info as i have it.

Hassle free Myanmar entry and great low cost opportunity for everyone.

I have made contact with them on the forum's behalf, very positive response they are fine tuning the event details and any info on the ride to Mongla. I would guess we will get a lot of takers a good opportunity to get into the country without any paperwork nightmares.

As far as non registered Thai bikes it looks like they have a pass agreed with immigration.

Will post more info as i have it.

This is only applicable to staying in the group on the exact route and timescale ??

This is only applicable to staying in the group on the exact route and timescale ??

With the relaxed requirements to qualify for Myanmar entry with your foreign motorcycle, you will have to stay with the group for sure -

Permission to stay 14 days given???? They need to clarify the rules here.

That sounds great and I am certainly interested, keep us updated Bob so can grab accommodation.

Gary

I'm also interested Bob. I have a three week holiday beginning on that Friday, this would be a great start to it!

Can you imagine the temporary import headaches Mae Sai Customs will have with non-Thai registered motorcycles. Might actually be an opportunity to get a temporary import mess up straightened out.

Looks like a great program.

Hi Phil
I can confirm on my reason bike trip to north Thailand coming from China on a plated Chinese bike the immigration and custom at Chiang Khong was very helpful and i had no issue what so ever with getting the bike into Thailand. Even when it came to extend the import documents to stay in Thailand with the bike longer than the 30 days normal allowance to which i had to go up to Maesai to extend the custom import document for a further 30 days all paperwork was sorted out very fast and the staff was very helpful, but to be fair as i was sitting waiting for all the documents to be processed a very well spoken (English) Thail person sat down next to me and started talking to me about all manner of things , and this guys turns out the be the Director of Maesai Custom House a Mr Sirichi Kunabhut which in real terms means he is the BIG BOSS . Was served with tea and cakes
by a lady Custom officer and i sat for about 1 hour with the guy turns out he has only been at this post for the last 6 months .
I did have the opportunity to mention to ask him about what the heck is going on the ban on bikes crossing the bridge at Chiang Khong ???? not to say i did ..... paid 1000B over to Chiang Khong but only 520 B going back the other way . Mr Kunabhut did say it will get sorted out and he can't work out why all the other border bridges allow bikes and this one don't.
well Phil first post hope to do more , like to wish all the other members on here who i have met before over the last year or so , that i should be back in December for about 16 weeks hope to meet up with all you guys again

steve :white flag:

Sounds very interesting and might even consider joining with my truck if they allow trucks (support truck for RideAsia Riders) on this ride. May have to check out also if the travel restrictions for Shan State are still there. There were travel restrictions which basically only allowed travel from Tachilek north to the Chinese border (not allowed to go west further into Shan State) and that often only with a guide and they would keep your passport at the border so you could not "wander off".

Permission to stay 14 days given???? They need to clarify the rules here.

Thats what confused me.. As it looks like 4 or so days (2 to border 2 back)..

Also "For whom would like to enter from Yangon, should fly to Tachileik by air only" if they had a bike in yangon I would have thought they could get there overland, but is flying yangon to tachilek possible ?? I am guessing they mean to come from yangon you should go to Thailand then via mae sai ??

Sounds very interesting and might even consider joining with my truck if they allow trucks (support truck for RideAsia Riders) on this ride. May have to check out also if the travel restrictions for Shan State are still there. There were travel restrictions which basically only allowed travel from Tachilek north to the Chinese border (not allowed to go west further into Shan State) and that often only with a guide and they would keep your passport at the border so you could not "wander off".

I read they had started caravans of vehicles on alternate days.. One day one direction next day opposite on that route.

Which ever way you look at it the event is ground breaking and buy the look's of it plenty of eager RA riders what to join in the festivities on offer, the ride out will be the icing on the cake.
A big thank you for the event organisers putting this on the map :clapping:

Great info, thanks Steve, look forward to seeing you again.

Hi Phil
I can confirm on my reason bike trip to north Thailand coming from China on a plated Chinese bike the immigration and custom at Chiang Khong was very helpful and i had no issue what so ever with getting the bike into Thailand. Even when it came to extend the import documents to stay in Thailand with the bike longer than the 30 days normal allowance to which i had to go up to Maesai to extend the custom import document for a further 30 days all paperwork was sorted out very fast and the staff was very helpful, but to be fair as i was sitting waiting for all the documents to be processed a very well spoken (English) Thail person sat down next to me and started talking to me about all manner of things , and this guys turns out the be the Director of Maesai Custom House a Mr Sirichi Kunabhut which in real terms means he is the BIG BOSS . Was served with tea and cakes
by a lady Custom officer and i sat for about 1 hour with the guy turns out he has only been at this post for the last 6 months .
I did have the opportunity to mention to ask him about what the heck is going on the ban on bikes crossing the bridge at Chiang Khong ???? not to say i did ..... paid 1000B over to Chiang Khong but only 520 B going back the other way . Mr Kunabhut did say it will get sorted out and he can't work out why all the other border bridges allow bikes and this one don't.
well Phil first post hope to do more , like to wish all the other members on here who i have met before over the last year or so , that i should be back in December for about 16 weeks hope to meet up with all you guys again

steve :white flag:

"Mr Kunabhut did say it will get sorted out and he can't work out why all the other border bridges allow bikes and this one don't"

Let's hope he get a grip, that crossing should be a breeze.

very interested of this one... a good reason also to call again for Honda Big Wings and ask for my registration place and green book. Its now been over 10 months since i bought the bike and still no news.

Hi Bob
He did say that but first of all we must bear in mind it's not the customs or immigration who are putting these restriction on the bridge. The guy was very nice and understanding about the problems all bike riders have trying to cross the Chiang Khong bridge. He is the 2nd Government official who has said it will be sorted out but like most things in Thailand Bob that could take time TIT
But at least the price is coming down now 520B one way , yes i can't work out why 520 ??? as well i think the helper who sorted out put 20B on for him heheheh

Ozz - Everyone I know who bought a CB 500 X got their plate and green registration book within 2 months.

very interested of this one... a good reason also to call again for Honda Big Wings and ask for my registration place and green book. Its now been over 10 months since i bought the bike and still no news.

Ozz - Everyone I know who bought a CB 500 X got their plate and green registration book within 2 months.

I guess I need to do another trip there again... it kind of feels like that everytime I visit there they kind of re-find my papers and then they get lost again..... I got 6,000 km maintenance coming so good time to try to locate the documents again.

This is the procedure at Mae Sot entrance to Myanmar, are you sure here too?

FAR from sure.. And cant even remember where it was I read it.. But it was the Tachilek / Mae Sai crossing and route as I remember looking on google maps when I read it and it talked about the alternate days convoys going Keng Tung and on to maybe Namsang or Tuanggyi (just had to check the maps to get those names)..

I didnt realize they still needed convoys on the Myawaddy road in.. I didnt think they had a separatist issue down there.. I thought the convoy issues were due to it being Shan state etc etc.

Mae Sot/Myawaddy to Yangon - Yangon (Rangoon) Forum - TripAdvisor

Traffic on the Myawaddy-Kawkareik road (which winds through the mountains and is a beautiful but rough and bumpy ride) goes in different directions on alternate days, which you need to factor in when planning your trip! I do recommend a nice comfortable car for this part of the trip; a friend took a bus and it apparently was not the most pleasant journey he's ever had! But you are very high up with spectacular views and pass villages and monasteries on the way, and is an experience to be done at least once.
There also seemed to be restrictions in place on where you can stop - I wasn't allowed out of the car except at checkpoints (of which there were a few on the way) and a specific teashop in Kawkareik.
In all it took around 5-6 hours from Myawaddy to Hpa-An, stopping at Kawkareik for lunch. My original plan was to spend a few days in Hpa-An, but the weather wasn't ideal so I ended up taking an overnight bus to Yangon, which was typically cold, long and tiring - it's 4 hours direct by car and 7+ by bus. In Hpa-An I was offered 10,000 kyat for a seat in a car with 4 others (inc. driver) back up to Myawaddy. Shows the variation in prices but it'd be a cramped ride!

FAR from sure.. And cant even remember where it was I read it.. But it was the Tachilek / Mae Sai crossing and route as I remember looking on google maps when I read it and it talked about the alternate days convoys going Keng Tung and on to maybe Namsang or Tuanggyi (just had to check the maps to get those names)..

I didnt realize they still needed convoys on the Myawaddy road in.. I didnt think they had a separatist issue down there.. I thought the convoy issues were due to it being Shan state etc etc.

That's handy I can pop over to China, if I go probably be one of the only riders that could do that ??
On the way back to Hainan from Thailand stop of at Jinghong (Xishuangbanna) to which i think Phil you have visited before, lovely town nice fill with the Mekong river splits the town
West of Jinghong is the border town that the ride stop at , I did have a days ride out into the area (China side)

mainly all Tea plantation and some of the most expensive tea found in China comes from this area

start price $1600 a Kg ????

photo 1.JPG

Mud Track leading to the Tea plantation

photo 4.JPG

I for one always considered Tea grow on bushes ??? well the best Tea grows on Trees
This one is over 400 years old and you will find most have a name tag on which will have
the name of a person/company who are the only ones allowed the tea from that tree.

tea3.JPG

tea2.JPG

One of the many shops that retail/wholesale tea ,the price for wholesale is 50% of from retail prices
so many Tea shop/house from all over China come here to buy Tea

Looks like the Ulysses Thailand Motorcycle Club are interested in this and planned to be involved.

Sounds great ,but i feel this event will be bigger then expected.wondering now about accomodation..
Or is the right time to bring along our fav camping gear? ;)

Got a mail from yesterday and they ensured accommodation would be available, but a plan B would be in order I think. They are heavily promoting the event and expect a.lot of riders from Singapore and Malaysia.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Got a mail from yesterday and they ensured accommodation would be available, but a plan B would be in order I think. They are heavily promoting the event and expect a.lot of riders from Singapore and Malaysia.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Exactely..plan A should be taking ur tent.then if we're lucky accomodation.u could also try excape the crowd for a few(?) ;) anyway Burma is simply not ready for tourism yet n definetly dont expect hundreds..thinkin about it ,borders with bikes/docs aren't the most exiting part. overwhealming for them sure thing

On a second note,we played as a support band a few years ago in Pai for Carabao..and they attract thousands + the crowd gets very hot (and superdrunk) !!
Hopefully the event doesn't scare the heck out of Myarmar n 'bikers' wont get a bad rep out of it :hmm
Future entry to Burma is fundamental to cross into India and so on!

[FONT=&quot]Hi Guys [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hope you don't mind but I have posted this great event on MCM in China hoping to get some interest from riders from China, well the found there way into China, let's just hope there can find their way out of China.

link ..... 1st Myanmar Bike Week

:dirtbike:
[/FONT]

Phil,

Is this a go ? Very interested, will take my bivy sack. Don't care which bike , we shoiuld organise a group, tell the organisers (USA organizers) that we can bring a large group from Thailand. Why not?

Harry

I emailed them got a very positive response they just need some details about you and the bike and all done.

Just to update everyone they are in the process of finalising details at the end of September regarding accommodation and border requirements, the situation at present is if you have your green book in your name or a letter of authorisation from its owner your golden.

Will update end of September when i have more info ....

I got this answer for now ,after sending docs:

Our Bike Week is in Tachileik and we have a trip to Mong Lar at December 16 after festival.The trip gonna takes 3 nights and 4 days long.

Some bikers will only enjoy the festival and most of bikers will join both (festival and the trip) with us.

We will announce the complete cost on 1st Myanmar Tachileik Bike Week facebook page within end of September.

Bike week entry fee is free for bikers who come with his own bike.

If you have more questions,please don't hesitate to ask

We will arrange all paper works for each biker who confirms to attend our Bike Week to entry in Tachileik.

So just inform us if you reach to Mae Sai.

Just to update everyone they are in the process of finalising details at the end of September regarding accommodation and border requirements, the situation at present is if you have your green book in your name or a letter of authorisation from its owner your golden.

Will update end of September when i have more info ....

Back
Top Bottom