Yamaha WR250F

barry

I just got my first Dirt bike, a WR250F, I chose this bike for various reason, being only 70kg and 189cm tall, I didnt need much more power, also pushing a 250cc is a lot easier (like what nearly happened here), the bike is only 100kg, yeah I saw only, but throw it around for 5 hours over 40km and I can barely move today, the first thing I realise after riding it the first time is that Dr Greg House is right, Everybody lies, the owner had told me that the bike was serviced before each ride. :RE

The other reason for the Yamaha

• Hondas have a bad rep on head/valve issues
  • Parts for the WR are so cheap as compared to other bikes, even the Honda is expensive here in Australia
  • My co riders have the same bike, so part distribution can be done on longer rides. This also allows the novice mechanics to learn about servicing from the more experienced riders.

post-405-0-88922800-1450874629.jpg

The radiators had 2 out of 3 bolts missing each, the gear lever splines were stripped, causing the bike to get stuck in 2nd to return back to the trailer and overheating the clutch, upon examination of the clutch plates, there was no material left, some facings down to the metal, the oil was very questionable about when it was changed too by the colour.

post-405-0-10969700-1450874634.jpg

post-405-0-85858700-1450874636.jpg

Thanks for posting this Barry, great so see you out riding with the best choice of all round dirt bike, you have taste!

Thanks Phil, the first day we had two WR250Fs, a WR450F (with the smallest and,lighest guy on) and a sewing machine 5555, but a very nice sewing machine

Another few hours spent on the bike today fixing things, adjusted the clutch cable at the gearbox gave a lot better feel of the clutch and more adjustment available at the lever, its now set to about 1mm slack at the gearbox before cable engages.

Adjustment at the gearbox for clutch

Adjuster on handlebars for clutch at the lever

The front Fork lock bolts were all loose (about 5mm out actually) and now tightened.

The 2 front radiator bolts were missing, placing a large amount of strain on the rear bolt and radiator.

The two front radiator bolts should be tight and the rubber suspension bushes in good condition along with having the correct size washers.

Back
Top Bottom