New 2015 Yamaha WR250F and YZ250FX Revealed!

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Yamaha are really making waves at the moment with the upcoming R3 320 road bike, here are two more editions that we will hopefully see in Thailand by the end of the year, USA pricing 2015 WR250F will retail for $7,990, and the 2015 YZ250FX will retail for $7,890

New 2015 Yamaha WR250F and YZ250FX Revealed! - Dirt Rider Magazine

DRI0115_OFF-WR250F-right.jpgDRI0115_OFF-WR250FX-right.jpg

Making wave is an understatement! For us living here in Asia where Japanese bikes are much easier and cheaper to maintain this is the best offroad news we could have hoped for.

Not only do we have a low maintenance good performance new bike (the WR), but also a full competition bike with electric start, fan and all woods and race ready bike! I never expected that FX bike which will do a lot of competition to the KTM XC line.

Great news indeed, put a 290 kit in that WR and you get to my opinion the best offroad bike for North Thailand (still with the ktm 300).

Has anyone heard if any of these models will be distributed through Yamaha dealers in Thailand?

Lovely to see a Japanese manufacture finally respond to KTM's dominance in the off road market.

I am in full agreement with the Master , as long as they have not made the engine more fragile then it looks like the bike for all occasions will stay on the throne .
Would be nice if they did become an official import at a not so rude price :)

I am in full agreement with the Master , as long as they have not made the engine more fragile then it looks like the bike for all occasions will stay on the throne .
Would be nice if they did become an official import at a not so rude price :)

Prices are currently dropping. I paid 275 for my new 2015 bike with import papers, that just 200 usd more than you would pay in Australia.

I'm not sure when we are going to see plated dirt bikes in Thailand at a decent price, but who needs a plate on a dirt bike. Never heard of anyone ever who got fined on a dirt bike in the region. As long as you have import it's all good.

EDIT: One of my friends has bought 2 2015 ktm exc bikes for 700,000 thb plated. I haven't seen them yet and not sure if they are 250 or 350, but at 350k plated that's cheaper than in Australia.

I compare with Australian prices as bikes are more expensive there than in the US. No one can compete with US prices on dirt bikes.

I agree, who needs a plate on a dirt bike. Does anyone know of a way to buy one or get one in to Thailand?

Thanks.

This is the current Thai line up.

View attachment 34433

nice ..but only see YZ (?)i got one in italy somewhere)but ...where is the tenere'660 _? (mothrzuckers!!)
that is 'thee ADV' par eccellence.should write and sign a complaint petition to yamaha,seriously!:MG

nice ..but only see YZ (?)i got one in italy somewhere)but ...where is the tenere'660 _? (mothrzuckers!!)
that is 'thee ADV' par eccellence.should write and sign a complaint petition to yamaha,seriously!:MG

To clarify, this is only the off road section of Yamaha's Thai big bike web site. There are more models on offer, sadly though not the venerable Tenere 660 :rage:

Back
Top Bottom