Yamaha WR250F Alloy Frame

jkrfjessjess

Bikes
Honda Wave
wr 1.jpgwr 2.jpgAn opportunity has arisen for some lucky person . I am selling my WR ! Those with a modi-come of savy will know that this is by far The Best Bike for Off Road in Northern Thailand .
Bought from a friend who bought it from original owner . It came to him still sporting the Smogg Kit and throttle restrictor . That was all removed and jetted accordingly to suit FMF system . Other funky parts are the Stelth sprockets and Tilet valved front forks .
A fine bike which has been well maintained advocated by the fact the valves have NEVER needed adjustment !

If anyone feels up to own such a giant killing wonder bike kindly call on the bellow number ( no wally's pls ) . Pics and other details available on request

I'm looking to buy another "legally imported" Yamaha WR 250 F, I have 2 that are legal already and looking for 1 more. There is a huge clampdown going on regarding motorcycles in Thailand that do not have the 30% excise/ machine assembly tax paid, see the link below:

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/showthread.php?t=7585&p=56312&viewfull=1#post56312

The excise tax on a Yamaha 250 F with the tax rate hiked 2 years ago to 30% is 106,000 Bht & is now impossible to get on motorcycles that are already in Thailand. If they find motorcycles without excise tax paid, the penalty is 3x tax rate, so 300,000 Bht fine for a Yamaha WR 250 F regardless of age.

Below is a recent Excise tax invoice from a Yamaha 250 F:

excise tax Yamaha WR 250 F by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

Here's an immaculate 2009 Yamaha WR 250 F for sale with excise tax paid for sale for 190,000 Bht and will negotiate (ive checked does have excise tax paid):

immaculate wr 250 f by Triangle Golden 007, on Flickr

So a 2007 Yamaha WR 250F without excise tax paid, how much on a relative value basis is it worth? 100,000 - 110,000 Bht?

If there's any unrealistic analysis here, please say?

View attachment 46124View attachment 46125An opportunity has arisen for some lucky person . I am selling my WR ! Those with a modi-come of savy will know that this is by far The Best Bike for Off Road in Northern Thailand .
Bought from a friend who bought it from original owner . It came to him still sporting the Smogg Kit and throttle restrictor . That was all removed and jetted accordingly to suit FMF system . Other funky parts are the Stelth sprockets and Tilet valved front forks .
A fine bike which has been well maintained advocated by the fact the valves have NEVER needed adjustment !

If anyone feels up to own such a giant killing wonder bike kindly call on the bellow number ( no wally's pls ) . Pics and other details available on request

Interesting. A 2009 WR250F for sale for 190,000 Baht negotiable. If the seller paid the 106,000 Baht excise tax, that leaves 84,000 Baht before paying the shipping costs and factoring in some kind of profit. Those bikes must be quite good value if you live overseas.

Back
Top Bottom