Xaysomboun accommodation

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400

The Phu Bia Hotel

18-54-16.72N

103-05-40.02E

Just head east from the Ozzie owned Phu Bia Mine there at the road junction north to Long Tieng, aka Nam Gnone aka Phou Kham, about 30-45 minutes. Pass through the village of Thong Khoun, then the rock crushing operation, and into the Moung Cha (XSB) valley of wide open spaces.

There's one guest house on the right just before the Bailey bridge. Never stayed there, just looked, I prefer the Phu Bia Hotel. There's a small sign on the main door with a cell tel # to call if the manager isn't on site when guests arrive. He'll come right up, nice guy.

Rooms upstairs better, some have working TVs with Sat connections. All rooms have, usually, hot water and sit down crappers.

No food available so go down to the market area. Two restaurants there, I usually eat at the 2nd one, not the one on the corner.

xsb 1.jpg

xsb 2.jpg

xsb 3.jpg

Thanks to Mac for the recommendation

Still more or less the same although since the last time I stayed at the Phou Bia Hotel. Some pictures of the rooms - rooms cost 80,000 Kip per night (December 2013). Still a gamble if the TV will work or not - in my room it worked but Mac had no luck.

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

The Party and Cabaret room at the hotel

Back
Top Bottom